New Features Version 3.1.2
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Use AR to anchor your reference image in place
- New interface and design
- Save past projects and timelapse video recordings
- Better timelapse video recording quality
- Share your artwork with other users
- Upload inspiration for other artists to draw
- Recommended products section to see what other users are creating with
- New and improved video and lessons sections
- 20+ New Filters and New Filter Interface
- New filter switch to turn filters on and off to compare the original reference image to the filtered image
- Blur and line filters should no longer crash
- Grid now locks to reference image.
- 2-minute video option exports successfully now
- Long drawing recording bug fixed. (The middle of drawings was getting cut out of the video)
- Fixed-sign in issues experienced by some users
- Created offline mode for users that are behind a firewall
- Fixed very long videos timelapse videos to crash when being creating
- Better on screen walkthroughs
- Opacity on/off button
Featured in LifeHacker, Apple News, The Guardian, AR / VR journey, and more!
Da Vinci Eye is the #1 essential digital tool for non-digital artists. Donâ€™t just take our word for it - weâ€™re one of the top five Graphics & Design apps in over 100 countries.
Da Vinci Eye is used by thousands of creatives from painters to bakers to make incredible artwork. The app is not just for tracing, it offers a wide range of drawing tools, lessons, daily drawing prompts, and a supportive community to share your artwork!
IMPORTANT!: Please read how this app works below and the device requirements for AR Mode BEFORE purchasing.
â€¢ Create incredible artwork from your own photos
â€¢ Make hyper-realistic drawings with our strobe feature
â€¢ Record time-lapse videos of your drawings
â€¢ Separate images into layers by color value, then view those areas on your canvas
â€¢ Easily learn the fundamentals of drawing
â€¢ Breakdown any image into step-by-step instructions
â€¢ Video tutorials
â€¢ Use filters to make drawing even easier
â€¢ Zoom in to capture micro details in your drawings
â€¢ Connect with our community to share your artwork
â€¢ Insanely fast customer support!
PERFECT FOR ANY ARTIST
â€¢ Tattoo Artists
â€¢ Fiverr Designers
â€¢ Makeup artists
â€¢ Nail Technicians
No matter what skill level youâ€™re at â€” Da Vinci Eye is here for you!
How many times have you been drawing a portrait for hours only to realize that the nose or the eye is in the wrong place? You can use Da Vinci Eye to layout artwork before you begin or even check your work as you progress.
Having a hard time seeing where lights or darks go? Breakdown images into layers by color value. Then virtually project those layers on top of your image. You can see exactly where to place the darkest darks, mid-tones, and highlights.
CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO DRAW?
Check out our inspiration section for user uploaded reference photos. If you have a great pic, you can even upload your own content for other artists to draw.
LEARNING HOW TO DRAW?
We have lessons using our unique patent-pending learning method. You can also turn ANY photo into a step by step shading drawing lesson.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Based on a tool that has been used by artists for centuries, this app is a digital version of a Camera Lucida.
You suspend your iPhone or iPad above or in front of your canvas with a stand, tall glass, or other objects easily found around your house.
When you look through your phone, you will see both the image and the canvas simultaneously. It's similar in functionality to an art projector or light box, but with the ability to do so much more.
You can draw on any surface, zoom in to draw micro details in your drawing, and you don't have to draw in the dark.
WILL THIS HELP ME LEARN HOW TO DRAW?
Using Da Vinci Eye, you will be training your eye to recognize proportions and draw with shading while training your hand to translate precise lines and strokes on paper. Youâ€™ll learn faster and more efficiently using our proven techniques compared to any other app.
AR MODE REQUIREMENTS
To use AR mode, you must have an A10x or A11 processor and above. We recommend using:
â€“ iPhone 8 and newer (iPhone 7 and below will not work)
â€“ iPad Mini 5th Generation and newer
â€“ iPad Air 2019 and newer
â€“ iPad Pro 3rd Gen (Any pro made after 2018) and newer
AR & CLASSIC MODE
AR mode anchors your image to an object in the real world. This lets you move your canvas or phone, and the drawing and projected image will stay aligned.
Classic mode is like a normal art projector, where if you move your phone or canvas, the drawing will no longer be aligned.
AR mode is especially useful for drawing or painting on an easel. However, in most cases, Classic mode will achieve the same result.
TAKE YOUR DRAWING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Download Da Vinci Eye today! No one ever regretted sharpening their drawing skills.
- June 30, 2016 Initial release
- July 07, 2016 New version 1.3.1
- July 08, 2016 New version 1.3.3
- July 09, 2016 New version 1.3.4
- July 19, 2016 New version 1.3.5
- June 15, 2019 New version 2.3
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- July 15, 2020 New version 3.0.7
- July 15, 2020 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- September 13, 2020 New version 3.0.9
- October 23, 2020 New version 3.1.0
- November 01, 2020 New version 3.1.1
- November 07, 2020 New version 3.1.2