Tap Sports Baseball is a pretty simple game to learn, but that doesn’t mean it’s an easy game to master, by any means. To start your batting career off well, we thought we’d give you the heads up on some handy tips and tricks.
Curious to see what we made of this whole “tap to bat” management sim? Check out our Tap Sports Baseball review!
- Learn when to hit the ball. It’s not always every time the ball comes at you.
- Sometimes you should let the ball go. Recognize what the pitcher is doing and whether that means there’s going to be a strike or ball up ahead.
- Miss the curveballs till you get your timing spot on. It’s all too easy to get a foul ball early on.
- Turn the sound up and listen for the sound of the ball hitting the ground to know it’s coming in low. If it is, don’t bother swinging for it.
- Learn when to hit early and when to hit late. It’ll change the trajectory quite significantly. Swinging later tends to place the ball on the opposite field while swinging early focuses on power.
- As in real life, right handed batters tend to do better against left handed pitchers, and the same occurs in reverse.
Statistics are Important
- If your player has a low hitting or power score, and there’s a runner waiting on first, bunt to get that runner across. You’ll sacrifice one out but it’s often worth it.
- Consider the speed of your runner when running for a base. 6 or higher and you’re fine, but lower than that and you should play it safe.
- If your pitcher is getting tired, the game will let you know. Acknowledge those prompts, sub him in exchange for a new relief pitcher. You don’t get to control the pitcher directly so take advantage of this limited power that you’ve been given. Tired ones will just make mistakes.
- Keep an eye on everyone’s stats. Hitting dictates the batter’s ability to make contact, while power tells you how far they can hit the ball. Speed is how fast they can run to base, and bunt indicates how well they’re going to bunt. Adjust your strategies accordingly.
- You’re given bonus games occasionally. Use them. There’s no reason not to and they’ll often help you progress faster.
- You can earn free gold by watching videos. Do this as much as possible as you probably don’t want to spend real money unless you have to.
- Plenty of things can be purchased but focus on upgrading your pitching and hitting coaches, as well as the other coaches available. Buying a free agent might seem tempting but focusing on coaching means the whole team benefits rather than just an individual player.
- Remember you can’t help with defense/pitching, so focus on those upgrades as that’s where it’s really going to count.
- Have plenty of games going on at once. Not everyone plays very often, or sometimes at all, so it’s more fun that way to ensure there’s always something to do. More importantly, advancing to the league playoffs depends on a certain number of wins so you want to work towards those as quickly as possible.
Posted in: Blog, GuideFREE!+ Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Released: 2014-08-13 :: Category: Games
Tagged with: glu mobile, guide, guides, Strategies, Tap Sports Baseball, Tips, tricks, walkthrough