Flight Control is one of the best and best selling casual iPhone games ever created. It started the whole line drawing genre and was one of the first iPhone games to sell over a million copies. It has now sold over 2 million copies and spawned Flight Control HD, it’s big brother.
Flight Control HD is more of what you love Flight Control for. It also adds lots of features that you could only appreciate on the iPad. The split-screen 2 player mode sounds like a blast. Firemint have also added a 3D level to the game — but you need the blue/red 3D glasses to see it.
The iPad is the perfect device to play this game on. It’s large screen allows you to see more of the area and not have the planes be as obstructed by your fingers. Some say that Steve Jobs created the iPad specifically so that he would have a larger screen to play Flight Control on*.
Here are the official list of features for Flight Control HD, available now on the iPad.
Flight Control HD contains everything included in Flight Control for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as many additions and improvements for its arrival on iPad:
- More ways to play, including multiplayer modes that take advantage of iPad’s innovative Multi-Touch interface.
- Split-screen “versus” mode: play competitively by sending your planes to capture aircraft from your opponent.
- Co-operative multiplayer on a single iPad: share landing duties with a friend on one of three HD airfields.
- Multiplayer on two devices (selected from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch): land aircraft of your own color, and direct others off the screen for your fellow Controller to land.
- More space to land your planes and bigger airports thanks to the large iPad screen, with three new HD airfields.
- Beautiful high-quality graphics throughout, including an all-new menu and updated graphics for the Classic airfields from the iPhone version.
- New Snow airfield with variable wind direction in addition to the four Classic iPhone airfields (Original, Beach, Carrier and Outback) and three HD airfields, for a total of eight single-player airfields.
- Quirky “3D view” airfield brings Flight Control to life like never before – use red/cyan glasses to see aircraft floating above the iPad (3D glasses not included, widely available from retailers such as amazon.com at low cost).
- Many more enhancements including all-new path continuation, improved collision warnings, a new “safe” fast forward function, and a longer version of the Flight Control song that you just can’t get out of your head!
The Flight Control HD App for iPad is available for US$4.99 from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
* This is a complete lie. Posted in: Blog, First Looks
Tagged with: Firemint, flight control, iPad