• Fixed issue with Apple Watch communication
• General reliability improvements
ULTRATUNER - THE MOST PRECISE iOS TUNER EVER
UltraTuner features one of the fastest, smoothest and most responsive tuning engines of all the tuner apps on the market.
UltraTuner is precise to a 1/100th of a cent, far beyond human perception of pitch. In fact, it’s 10 times more accurate than a mechanical strobe tuner (considered the “gold standard” of tuners). UltraTuner’s accurate pitch detection is achieved through a proprietary dual-analysis processing engine, which allows it to get a much more accurate reading of the frequency from the incoming note than most other tuners. UltraTuner’s fast response makes tuning a mechanical instrument a breeze. Its extreme precision also makes it the perfect app tuner for intonating stringed instruments like guitar or bass, as well as for calibrating electronic instruments like vintage synths.
UltraTuner’s speed and precision provides players and engineers with a pocket-sized professional instrument tuner that’s always with them. It offers two basic modes of operation: Stage and Studio.
When in Stage mode, UltraTuner is a straightforward, ultra-accurate instrument tuner featuring a unique, simple interface that’s easy to see in low-light conditions. It features a graduated flat and sharp display to indicate degrees from pitch. When the note is in tune, the display turns green. UltraTuner utilizes the entire device screen for tuning, so it is easily visible from a distance on dimly lit stages.
In Studio mode, UltraTuner provides wave visualization that gives a qualitative feedback of the pitch deviation as a simple right/left motion of the real waveform of your instrument. A flat note will move the waveform to the left, while a sharp note will move it to the right. A note whose pitch is dead center is represented by a still waveform. Additionally, by simply tapping on the main studio display, it’s possible to switch to the pitch-tracking visualisation.
The pitch tracking visualisation allows players to monitor pitch over time. This is especially useful in the studio for monitoring pitch of non-chromatic instruments like vocals, violin and brass etc., on recordings over time, and very useful for vocal and instrument pitch training.
In the settings window, players can quickly calibrate the “A” note, set the temperament type, set the root key for tracking and adjust the audio sensitivity. UltraTuner can use the device’s built-in microphone for audio input, and works with all analog or digital audio interfaces for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, like IK’s iRig HD, iRig PRO, iRig STOMP, iRig and iRig MIC.
Apple Watch compatibility
UltraTuner is now compatible with Apple Watch so that the Stage mode is mirrored on the watch’s display for quick and easy reference. An additional, simpler “note only” mode is available swiping the Watch display.
• Innovative engine that allows responsiveness and high accuracy (+/- 0.01 cent)
• Dual modes: Stage and Studio
• Large tuning indication visible at a distance (Stage mode)
• Tuning history to see tuning variations over time (Studio mode)
• Useful not only for tuning, but also for non-chromatic instrument training
• Audiobus and Inter-app audio compatible
• Compatible with Apple Watch in Stage Mode visualization
- May 16, 2015 New version 1.1.2
- May 08, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- May 07, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- April 28, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.1
- January 04, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- December 21, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 03, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 21, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- September 14, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- August 15, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- June 29, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- June 03, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- May 30, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- May 22, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- March 21, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 06, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- January 12, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- December 13, 2013 Initial release