64-bit support added.
FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch!
With a full 3-D remake, FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS can now be played as never before. Take part in the epic sequel that unfolds nearly two decades after the events of FINAL FANTASY IV. Classic characters make their return alongside several new heroes, such as Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa.
- Ten Playable Tales
Begin your journey with "Ceodore's Tale." Complete it to unlock the tales of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with "Kain's Tale," "The Lunarian's Tale," and "The Crystals." A total of ten tales in all, and all contained in FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS.
- Active Time Battle
Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix's iconic battle system.
- Lunar Phases
Feel the moon's presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
- Band Abilities
Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by leveling your characters' Affinity.
Keep an eye on your current location and nearby surroundings, or tap for quick access to the world map.
- Game Center Support
Step up to meet all-new challenges offered by dozens of achievements.
- Widescreen Support
Enjoy fullscreen display on iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and iPhone 5c.
Seventeen years have passed since the war's end, and the son born to King Cecil and Queen Rosa of Baron has grown into a young man. Prince Ceodore has enlisted in the airship fleet known as the Red Wings, eager to meet the expectations demanded of his blood and station. Yet once more another moon has appeared in the sky, and with it vast hordes of monsters intent on destruction. The brief peace enjoyed by the Blue Planet now stands threatened under the shadow of impending catastrophe.
- November 25, 2013 Initial release
- January 21, 2014 New version 1.0.1
- January 29, 2014 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $10.99
- February 11, 2014 Price increase: $10.99 -> $15.99
- September 05, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $7.99
- November 22, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $15.99
- December 20, 2014 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $7.99
- January 06, 2015 Price increase: $7.99 -> $15.99
- July 17, 2015 New version 1.0.3
- December 19, 2015 Price decrease: $15.99 -> $7.99
- January 05, 2016 Price increase: $7.99 -> $15.99