Fixed issue with walk database – recommended update for all users
Britain’s Best Hill Walks app contains over 200 great UK walks previously published by Trail Magazine.
Plus, each month selected new walks will be added to the app as they’re published in the magazine – so you’ll always have new routes to try!
Operating the app is simple:
1)Select a walk from the pins on the map of the UK
2)You’ll then get a free summary showing the distance, estimated time and difficulty of that walk
3)After you’ve read the description and stats, you can then purchase detailed directions and an Ordnance Survey map of your selected route, should you wish to
Each OS map, with a GPS route, is available for just £0.69p per walk for OS Landranger 1:50,000 maps.
Or you can pay £1.99 per walk for OS Explorer 1:25,000 maps.
The maps are downloaded to your iPhone so they’re safely stored offline – so you can use them even if you don’t have a phone signal when you’re on the hill.
When you start the walk set the app to ‘Follow Walk’ and you’ll see your iPhone’s GPS position on the OS map, with the route clearly marked.
Just follow the route and as you approach key points the app will automatically pop up further directions text to help you find your way.
The app features:
* Over 200 of Britain’s Best Hill Walks
* New walks added each month as published in Trail Magazine
* Purchase and download OS Landranger maps for just £0.69p
* Purchase and download OS Explorer maps for just £1.99p
* Maps stored offline for use even without phone signal
* Easily navigate along routes with GPS position shown on a moving OS map
* Additional direction text guidance messages appear automatically as you follow the route
Note: This App works best with GPS enabled phones including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and later models.
Battery Use Disclaimer: "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
- June 13, 2014 Initial release