Bug fix and Optimizations
When dinosaurs thundered across the land, and enormous reptiles swam in the salty oceans, reptiles called Ornithocheirus, part of the Pterosaur family, ruled the ancient skies. Claire Ewart transports readers back to the age of the dinosaurs to take flight with a majestic Ornithocheirus that once soared through North American skies more than ninety million years ago, following it from sunup to sunup. And when the Ornithocheirus finally lives out its natural life, layers of Earth and layers of time work to transform this creature into a fossil - an amazing transformation that happens over millions of years.
Fossil is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on Claire Ewart’s book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Take your child to the Mesozoic Era, teach about Dinosuars, their existence and extinction.
-Learn why and how dinosaurs have now become a stone.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- What do you picture dinosaurs as?
- What do you think dinosaurs ate?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: [email protected]
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
- August 07, 2012 Initial release
- December 20, 2012 New version 1.0.1