"Why would a golden mongoose know more about dignity and honor than a common man? Good question."
"Tales that inspire from thousands of years ago"
"ETHERMEDIA brings the popular jewels from the ancient past"
"Thoughtful tales that can ignite inner change"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 164 pages/English/full color comic book (panel by panel)
Story outline: THE GOLDEN MONGOOSE -
The stories in this comic book are retold from the Mahabharata, which is an Indian epic that has had a profound influence on the culture and philosophy of people over the ages. Besides the main story of the feud between the Pandavas and the Kauravas, there are smaller tales found in this epic, which reflect the value systems prevalent in that age. Atithidevo bhava, or 'may your guest be a god to you', is an essential value mentioned in one of the Upanishads. The three stories in this book bear testimony to the extent of importance placed on hospitality as one's primary dharma or duty. 'The Golden Mongoose' tells a story of the ultimate sacrifice, where a Brahmin family risks starvation and death to fulfill the hunger of a guest. 'The Enlightened Butcher' speaks of duty and virtue and the inseparable link between the two in one's quest for truth. 'The Pigeon's Sacrifice' is a simple story of hospitality as one's foremost duty, beyond all else.
About Amar Chitra Katha(ACK-Media)
ACK-Media is India's leading entertainment and education company for young audiences. ACK has enthralled generations of readers for the last four decades with over 600 + Indian mythology tales with over 90 million titles sold worldwide. ACK has partnered with iRemedi in bringing the timeless classics to the iPad, iPhone and iPod community.
iRemedi's ETHERMEDIA is a proprietary mobile content delivery technology that provides revolutionary touch media viewing. iRemedi works with rich content publishers to bring their rich content to the iPhone community. Enjoy full color high-resolution art and story in an award winning and intuitive user interface.
- Panel by Panel and Page by Page views
- Tracking Page numbers
- Slider for fast page navigation in forward or reverse
- Over 7 color backgrounds -
Option to frame or curl pages for a book feel
- Intuitive slideshow with interval settings for paced reading
- Double tap or pinch to zoom and explore art
- Full web-browsing of ACK and ETHERMEDIA sites, Social networking pages of ETHERMEDIA on Twitter, Facebook and blog * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - ALL TINKLE TITLES AT HALF PRICE TO INDIAN MYTHOLOGY ONES
New Releases: - Sons of Rama - Mother Teresa - Folk Tales of China - Folk Tales of Europe - Guru Gobind Singh - Birbal the Clever - All Time Favorites - Buddha - Mahabharata - Folk Tales - Krishna - Ganesha - Dashavatar - Tales of Shiva Other TINKLE Collections: - Suppandi - Shikari Shambu - Anu Club Other Comics: TRIBORO TALES - "An Eclectic-slice-of-life-look at love in the millenia. A NewYork-urban dramedy in a modified Manga artstyle that keeps you engrossed." - First issue free! Other iRemedi Games: PICZEE PRO - A Cool and Fun Photo Jigsaw Puzzle Other products from ACK: eComics to Audiobooks at http://www.amarchitrakatha.com * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- April 20, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 23, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 12, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99