What's NewListen to Audible audiobooks! Customers owning both the Kindle and Audible versions of a title can now listen to the audiobook right in the Kindle app.
Now you can use the Kindle app to switch back and forth between reading a Kindle book comfortably at home and listening to the story while driving to work.
Additional Features Include:
•Access to more than 45,000 Kindle/Audible title pairs, including best sellers
• Find audiobooks compatible with items in your Kindle library – audiobooks are delivered by Audible, an Amazon company
• Whispersync for Voice automatically synchronizes reading progress between the Audible and Kindle versions of a book
• Read and listen to a Kindle book at the same time; pages turn automatically
• Narration speeds up to 2x and a sleep timer
• Download an entire collection – gives customers the ability to download an entire collection with the tap of a button, making it easier for readers to download in bulk and load their favorite books on a new iOS device
• Students can now find terms that are in X-Ray for Textbooks by using search – occurrences in X-Ray are shown right above occurrences in the book
• Finding where an X-Ray term occurs on a textbook page is now easier – tap a page thumbnail in the X-Ray feature and you will see the term highlighted in the page of the book
• Performance and stability improvements
App DescriptionThe Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
* Selection and price of books and periodicals in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
June 10, 2014 New version 4.3
April 22, 2014 New version 4.2
February 04, 2014 New version 4.1.2
January 17, 2014 New version 4.1.1
January 06, 2014 New version 4.1
September 18, 2013 New version 4.0
March 04, 2009 Initial Release