Discover 16 new recipes inside the December FitMenCook app update.
Struggle free, healthy and practical recipes that are easy on the wallet. It’s as simple as that, and it’s a message that’s seen over 1 million people follow FitMenCook on social media.
Be honest, have you ever heard these complaints about healthy eating?
- “Eating healthy is too expensive!”
- “It takes too long! I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen.”
- “Healthy food is too bland”
- “I always end up cheating and slipping back in to bad habits”
Kevin Curry, founder of FitMenCook, has been there. After spotting a picture of himself on a friend’s Facebook wall he knew it was time for a change.
He followed all the common advice, changed to a healthy diet and started hitting the gym.
For a few months, things were great, but after a while he found himself craving the old foods he was trying so hard to avoid.
He got his hands on every book he could find on nutrition and started experimenting in the kitchen.
His aims were simple:
A) Food should be easy to prepare and affordable
B) Food should be vibrant and tasty, never boring
C) Preparing food in advance is important
D) Following a, b, c helps you achieve your fitness goals
The results for Kevin were game change and now he’s spreading message to the FitMenCook community on social media and inside the FMC app.
Top 5 features:
SHOPPING CART + APPLE WATCH
We've taken the hassle out of grocery shopping. Add any recipes you want to your shopping list and we'll organise the list by aisle, so you can easily find the items you need.
The shopping list also works on the Apple Watch.
EASY STEP BY STEP VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
If you’ve ever looked at recipe instructions and thought “this just looks too difficult for me” then you’ll find the included recipe videos very helpful. Not only is Kevin a great host, who’ll fill you with inspiration for healthy meals, but he’ll also break down the steps in a way that’s easy to follow.
FOCUS ON MEAL PREP
Buying ingredients in small quantities can make recipes more expensive. Not only that, but many of us don’t have time every day to spend in the kitchen.
Meal prep is the solution. By designating two days of the week as your main cooking days, you can prepare your meals in bulk and eat healthy all week.
This is a crucial part of the app, and many of the meals are designed with meal preparation in mind, to make healthy living fit with a busy life.
MACRO COUNTING AND INTEGRATION WITH APPLE HEALTH APP
Bodybuilders and fat-loss superheroes can rejoice as the FitMenCook app has nutritional information built right in! Recipes list calories, protein, carbs and fat.
SCALE UP A RECIPE
Increase the serving sizes by tapping the + and - buttons in the recipe view. You can also switch the measurements between metric and imperial.
There’s more including:
- 600+ recipes with more added each month
- Search by ingredient: Type in Egg Avocado to see all recipes containing both of these ingredients
- Share recipes with friends and family
- Available in English and Spanish
For a video demonstration of the app in action, take a look at: http://fitmencook.com/app/
Optional Meal Planner Subscription:
FitMenCook Pro is available as a monthly (0.99 USD) or yearly (5.99 USD) subscription. The subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. There is no increase in price when renewing. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- May 12, 2015 Initial release
- July 18, 2015 New version 1.1
- August 22, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- September 05, 2015 New version 1.2
- September 22, 2015 New version 1.3
- December 17, 2015 New version 2.0
- December 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 22, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- January 04, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 14, 2016 New version 2.0.2
- February 23, 2016 New version 2.0.3
- March 11, 2016 New version 2.1
- May 16, 2016 New version 3.0
- July 24, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 15, 2016 New version 3.2
- September 17, 2016 New version 3.2.1
- December 29, 2016 New version 4.0
- February 28, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- October 26, 2017 New version 4.4.1
- January 18, 2018 New version 4.6.1
- April 05, 2018 New version 4.8
- June 17, 2018 New version 4.11
- July 27, 2018 New version 5.0
- October 23, 2018 New version 5.2
- December 11, 2018 New version 5.4
- January 30, 2019 New version 5.5
- March 01, 2019 New version 5.6
- April 11, 2019 New version 5.7
- June 13, 2019 New version 5.8.1
- July 12, 2019 New version 5.9
- August 18, 2019 New version 5.10
- September 24, 2019 New version 5.11
- October 15, 2019 New version 5.12
- December 09, 2019 New version 5.13