I hope your new year is off to a terrible start, meatbags, because otherwise you might not be as grateful to me for this major update as you should be.
Australia-Only Data Source
I can’t protect you from poisonous spiders and rabid koalas, but I can get you more accurate forecasts down under with the new WillyWeather data source, which incorporates data from the Australian government’s Bureau of Meteorology. (Premium Club required on iPhone/iPad, Ultrapremium Club required on Apple Watch.)
Apple Watch Location Search
Look up a city on the go with my new voice search, accessible from the bottom of my watch app’s locations screen.
Custom Complication Combinations (Premium Club only)
Want to keep on top of multiple weather data points, but don’t have enough complication slots to go around? Now you can set up custom combinations of data points in any small complication slot. Wind + air quality? Precipitation chance + rainfall amount? UV index + cloud cover? Go nuts.
Infograph Modular Forecast Options (Premium Club only)
Customize the Infograph Modular watch face’s large slot to show a 10-hour chart, a 5-hour chart, or a text-only summary for the forecast ahead. (Bonus: the 5-hour chart shows precipitation chance as a bar graph in the background!)
Complication Shortcuts (Premium Club only)
Tap on a small complication that displays a single data point (like UV index) to open the app right to a 24-hour view that lets you see how that data point will change over the course of the day. Or tap the new weather maps complication to jump directly to the maps screen. (Weather maps on Apple Watch require Ultrapremium Club.)
But wait, there’s more!
- Tap an hour on the Apple Watch’s hourly details screen to view the full list of weather data for that hour.
- Tap the Apple Watch’s day details screen to quickly jump to the details for the following day without having to back out to the main screen.
- Add a custom data point to the Apple Watch hourly details screen. (From my iPhone app’s settings screen, go to Apple Watch customization, then main app to modify.)
- Add the “Temp + Condition (Alt)” complication to your Infograph or Infograph Modular face to show the current weather condition as an emoji in a spot where an image can’t otherwise be shown.
- Modify the “station radius” option on the personal weather stations screen to customize how close you need to be for me to incorporate that station’s data into your forecast.
And along with a bevy of bug fixes and performance improvements, I also added 1 new secret location and 1 new achievement.
Yeah, you meatbags better be grateful.
** Winner of Apple’s Editor’s Choice award on the Mac and featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Plus, you can upgrade to use The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, Aeris Weather, or WillyWeather (Australia only) as your data source!
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Premium Club users can sign up for severe weather alert and daily summary notifications, and Apple Watch users can also receive warnings about incoming precipitation. (Severe weather alerts are only available in the US. Daily reports work worldwide. Precipitation notifications are available in the US, UK, and parts of Canada.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar (for the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, and Germany) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps. Plus, Ultrapremium Club users get access to future radar, lightning strikes, and 12 additional map layers!
Want to disable CARROT's personality? You can turn her into a 100% professional weather app! And Premium Club members can customize every last data point that CARROT displays to show the weather data that you care about.
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past. DeLorean not required!
Ask Siri about upcoming weather or use forecast data to build complex workflows in the Shortcuts app.
Follow clues to hunt down 50+ secret locations - like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
Unlock 35 achievements by experiencing weather events, traveling around the world, and using different features in the app.
In addition to a full weather app and notifications, you also get colorful complications for your watch face. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background data updates, notifications, and complication customization features.)
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, Aeris Weather, and WillyWeather data sources available as an upgrade
• Severe weather alert and daily summary notifications
• Precipitation notifications via CARROT Weather for Apple Watch
• Radar and satellite maps
• Apple Watch app with complications
• Siri shortcuts
• Today widget
• 6,500+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 51 secret locations
• 35 achievements
• 24 alternative app icons
• Will never sell your location data to third parties
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The Premium Club subscription provides additional features like notifications, customization, alternative weather data sources, and Apple Watch background updates. The Ultrapremium Club subscription provides all the features of Premium Club, plus additional weather map layers and alternative data source access for Apple Watch users. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- April 25, 2015 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 21, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- November 17, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 21, 2017 New version 4.1.2
- December 01, 2017 New version 4.3
- December 01, 2017 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 20, 2017 New version 4.4
- February 14, 2018 New version 4.5
- April 19, 2018 New version 4.6.2
- May 31, 2018 New version 4.6.3
- July 06, 2018 New version 4.7
- July 13, 2018 New version 4.7.1
- July 30, 2018 New version 4.7.2
- August 13, 2018 New version 4.7.3
- September 19, 2018 New version 4.8.1
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.2
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.3
- October 04, 2018 New version 4.8.4
- December 06, 2018 New version 4.8.5
- December 14, 2018 New version 4.9
- February 08, 2019 New version 4.10