Well, meatbags, it looks like you all loved my new Home Screen widgets and Apple Watch complications! But just because v4.16 was a resounding success, that doesn't mean I'm going to let my Maker "sleep" or "take a bathroom break" quite yet. Here's what I managed to wring out of him in the past few days:
- Added new layout configuration option for medium-sized Snark and Forecast widgets. (“Automatic" means the widget will automatically switch between precipitation, hourly, and daily configurations throughout the day. “Always Hourly” forces it to always show hourly data, while “Always Daily” forces it to always show daily data.)
- Added "condition" and "today's date" data point options for the Forecast widget.
- Added "sunrise/sunset" data point for the Snark widget.
- Added “AMOLED Black” background color for widgets.
- Added option to delete custom complications via iPhone app.
- Restored several missing complications, including “Weather Maps” and “Sunrise/Sunset.” (If a complication you were using previously was missing after the watchOS 7 update, it should be back now.)
Please note that many, many bugs were harmed in the production of this update.
Version 4.16 Highlights
Home Screen Widgets
Check the weather right from your Home Screen with my new iOS 14 widgets! There are 5 different widget types: Snark, Forecast, Hourly, Daily, and Weather Maps. Just long-press a widget to customize it with all sorts of different options. Plus: if you put all of the widgets into a Stack, you can have your entire forecast right in one place on your Home Screen.
(Note: Similar to pricing for Apple Watch complications, frequent background updates for the widgets requires at least a Tier 1 membership due to the amount of weather data used throughout the day. The Hourly and Daily widgets require Tier 1, while the Weather Maps widget requires Tier 3.)
Multiple Complications (Tier 1 required)
Use multiple CARROT complications to build your very own weather watch face! Choose from a huge variety of CARROT complications just by long-pressing the watch face on your Apple Watch. (Turn on feels like temperature or add additional, completely custom complications from my iPhone app.)
Watch Face Gallery (Tier 1 required)
And if you’re too overwhelmed by all the possibilities multiple complication support opens up, you can add one of my pre-built watch faces to your Apple Watch instead. Just check out the new Watch Face Gallery in the Apple Watch customization section of my iPhone app!
Weather Maps (Tier 2 required)
Track the wildfire started by your gender reveal party with the new wildfires map layer. There’s also a new weather fronts map layer and support for European countries in the severe weather alerts map layer. Last but certainly not least, animations now load 10x faster!
** Winner of Apple’s Editor’s Choice award on the Mac and featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Plus, you can upgrade to use other providers like AccuWeather, ClimaCell, and MeteoGroup as your data source!
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Premium Club members can sign up for all sorts of notifications, including ones for precipitation, weather alerts, lightning strikes, and daily forecast summaries. (Precipitation notifications are available in the US, UK, & parts of Canada. Weather alert and storm cell notifications are only available in the US. Lightning notifications are available in the US and Canada.)
Check the weather right from your Home Screen with CARROT's customizable widgets. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background updates and some widgets.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar. Plus, Premium Club Tier 2 members get access to future radar (in the US), lightning strikes, and 12 additional map layers!
Want to disable CARROT's personality? You can turn her into a 100% professional weather app! And Premium Club members can customize every last data point that CARROT displays to show the weather data that you care about.
Ask Siri about upcoming weather or use forecast data to build complex workflows in the Shortcuts app.
Follow clues to hunt down 60+ secret locations - like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
Unlock 40+ achievements by experiencing weather events, traveling around the world, and using different features in the app.
In addition to a full weather app and notifications, you also get colorful complications for your watch face. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background data updates and complication customization features.)
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• AccuWeather, ClimaCell, Foreca, MeteoGroup, Aeris Weather, Environment Canada, and WillyWeather data sources available via upgrade
• Precipitation, weather alert, lightning strike, storm cell, daily summary, and astronomy notifications (where available)
• Radar and satellite maps
• Apple Watch app with complications
• Home Screen widgets
• Siri shortcuts
• 6,500+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 62 secret locations
• 41 achievements
• 27 alternative app icons
• Will never sell your location data to third parties
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions.
Tier 1 provides additional features like notifications, additional data sources, customization, and background updates for widgets and Apple Watch.
Tier 2 includes all the features of Tier 1, plus additional map layers, custom notifications, and background updates for premium data sources.
Tier 3 includes all the features of Tiers 1 and 2, plus rain, lightning, and storm cell notifications (where available).
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- April 25, 2015 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 21, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- November 17, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 21, 2017 New version 4.1.2
- December 01, 2017 New version 4.3
- December 01, 2017 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 20, 2017 New version 4.4
- February 14, 2018 New version 4.5
- April 19, 2018 New version 4.6.2
- May 31, 2018 New version 4.6.3
- July 06, 2018 New version 4.7
- July 13, 2018 New version 4.7.1
- July 30, 2018 New version 4.7.2
- August 13, 2018 New version 4.7.3
- September 19, 2018 New version 4.8.1
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.2
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.3
- October 04, 2018 New version 4.8.4
- December 06, 2018 New version 4.8.5
- December 14, 2018 New version 4.9
- February 08, 2019 New version 4.10
- June 13, 2019 New version 4.11
- June 22, 2019 New version 4.11.3
- July 25, 2019 New version 4.12.1
- August 04, 2019 New version 4.12.4
- September 19, 2019 New version 4.13
- September 29, 2019 New version 4.13.1
- October 10, 2019 New version 4.13.2
- December 10, 2019 New version 4.14
- June 01, 2020 New version 4.15
- September 17, 2020 New version 4.16
- September 18, 2020 New version 4.16.1
- September 23, 2020 New version 4.16.2
- September 25, 2020 New version 4.16.3