Leafnote is a minimal text editor with a twist: the ability to keep multiple documents together as a single project (as seen in popular writing app Scrivener), organized in an easy-to-rearrange tree.
It's a simple system that turns out to be extremely handy. Use it for projects large and small; write a whole novel scene-by-scene, or just keep notes and scraps of ideas together in a single project so you can actually find them later. Make one project for blog posts and another for journal entries. Keep lists of recipes, organize travel plans, and prepare marketing text like the pitch you’re reading right now. Collect your thoughts. Draft and re-draft important, terrifying e-mails. Leafnote’s for everything.
If you're working on a large document like a thesis or a novel, you can break it into manageable chunks. Rearrange sections, duplicate a scene or even a group of scenes and try drafts side-by-side, keep project notes right next to your finished text, and more. Get messy. Leafnote lets you combine nodes and export them as a single finished document when you’re done.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- June 11, 2014 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- July 21, 2014 New version 1.03
- July 21, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- August 14, 2014 New version 1.04
- August 20, 2014 New version 1.05
- September 18, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 19, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- September 20, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $7.99
- October 15, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $0.99
- October 17, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $7.99
- September 12, 2015 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $2.99
- December 01, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $9.99
- December 13, 2016 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- June 13, 2019 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99