Thank you for your support, we've added iPhone compatibility. Robots Guide is now available across all iPhone and iPad devices. We love our Robots users, and we'd love to hear your feedback and comments!
The world's coolest robots, all in one place. Learn all about robots, how they work, and how they are changing the world. Explore more than 200 robots, humanoids, drones, and self-driving cars, with thousands of photos, videos, and interactives. Get inspired by the amazing world of robots and learn how you can get started in robotics. Created for anyone interested in learning more about robotics, including robot enthusiasts and beginners, researchers, entrepreneurs, STEM educators, teachers, parents, and students.
"A good way to keep track of what is going on in robotics."
—Marc Raibert, CEO of Boston Dynamics
"This catalog has the potential to inspire kids to learn computational thinking and computational making, which in turn will provide them with tools to create amazing things in the future."
—Daniela Rus, director of MIT’s Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
"This is the repository that future generations of humans and robots will look back upon with nostalgia."
—Rodney Brooks, MIT emeritus professor and cofounder of iRobot and Rethink Robotics
"I love that this guide can help make children curious about automation technology so that they can learn, understand, and embrace robots."
—Dominik Boesl, head of Robotic Futures at Festo
- Meet 200 robots from 19 countries
- Make robots move and spin on your screen
- View over 800 spectacular photos
- Watch over 700 videos of robots in action
- Play the Robot Face-off Game
- Explore the Robot Rankings: Top Rated, Creepiest, Most Wanted
- Read technical specs about each robot
- Keep up to date with daily robot news
From IEEE Spectrum, the award-winning technology magazine and website published by the IEEE, the world's largest technical society dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
- November 27, 2012 Initial release
- December 04, 2012 New version 1.1
- December 05, 2012 New version 1.2
- December 08, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 11, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 08, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 15, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 22, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- April 06, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- April 15, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- July 15, 2013 New version 1.3
- July 15, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 03, 2013 New version 1.4
- December 10, 2013 New version 1.5
- January 18, 2015 New version 1.6
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.0