- resolved bug with 12.9'' iPad display
"a looper unlike any other.. you would be damn wrong not to test it.." - Guitar Part Magazine June 2014 (biggest french guitar magazine)
Loopr is the first 64 tracks loop song sequencer / multiple phrase looper with MIDI controls and sync for real time live composition.
"Loopr is a budget-priced bargain that is well worth a punt even if only to experiment with. This is a very capable – if slightly quirky – looper app at a pocket money price." musicappblog.com November 2013
Honorable mention as finalist in the Best App Ever Awards 2013 ( http://www.bestappever.com/awards/2013/winner/musc )
Loopr is a low latency loop recorder, player and step sequencer designed for realtime phrase and song composition using your iDevice. Compose, practice, jam along, or sample audio soudscapes easily with this compact pro-oriented loopstation. It is focused on ergonomy and simplicity via one-finger but also hands-free MIDI pedalboard controls, and lets you synchronize drum machines and sequencers via its MIDI out sync.
Loop sessions can be exported/imported as independent files (including tempo and time signature information), for you to share the groove or use with most desktop audio production apps (e.g. Logic Studio, Garage Band, ...). Using iTunes file sharing or email, you can easily manage your work beyond your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Loopr is CoreMIDI and CoreAudio compatible and enables you to use most popular iOS compatible interfaces.
Instagram live experimental sessions on Loopr from z: @looper.live
Check the videos on our http://loopr.net website to give yourself a better idea, e.g.:
a small 3 parts song composition using cmpsr - http://youtu.be/HQrOopBXSmk
audio doodling with loopr - http://youtu.be/_KWwDZ9MiFE
14 track example (3 phrases / 3 groups) - http://youtu.be/5U5E7mGmuPY
multi-phrase live looping example - http://youtu.be/jqADzccHuVo
quick load and export - http://youtu.be/Ubl3qbTgDH4
thumb controls - http://youtu.be/SmzPUSrNQM4
using a MIDI pedalboard - http://youtu.be/8nZdj9Ouz7E
save and export - http://youtu.be/htVF8LTl17s
MIDI sync out - http://youtu.be/m-GAEdZZU4w
more on the site!
A few key features of this v1.2:
- integrated metronome
- 64 independent audio tracks (16 on older devices)
- 4 phrases to create song parts
- step sequencer to build and play songs (4'' devices)
- low latency audio recording and playback
- one hand, thumb optimized screen controls
- efficient MIDI pedalboard ergonomy for handsfree control
- MIDI time code out tempo synchronization for external equipment
- transparent on-the-fly session save
- easy exportation/importation of separate audio files including comprehensible text-formatted metadata
- pro-oriented ergonomy for efficient live use
- September 14, 2012 Initial release
- November 13, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- November 19, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- December 01, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- October 09, 2013 New version 1.1
- October 09, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- October 30, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- March 06, 2014 New version 1.2
- January 05, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 01, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- May 07, 2015 New version 1.2.1
- July 01, 2016 New version 1.2.5
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.2.6
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.2.8
- June 15, 2019 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- June 16, 2019 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!