This release improves the general stability of the game, in particular on iOS 13 and updates translations.
We are always here to help. If you notice something wrong, have questions or want to leave some feedback you can get in touch by email ([email protected]), twitter (@DragonBox) or Facebook (@DragonBoxApp).
And if you like our products, why not help spread the word? You can do so on social media and by leaving a nice review, even if you did it with a previous version of the app. It really helps us!
DragonBox Algebra 5+ - The game that secretly teaches algebra
DragonBox Algebra 5+ Is perfect for giving young children a head start in mathematics and algebra. Children as young as five can easily begin to grasp the basic processes involved in solving linear equations without even realising that they are learning. The game is intuitive, engaging and fun, allowing anyone to learn the basics of algebra at his or her own pace.
DragonBox Algebra 5+ covers the following algebraic concepts:
Suitable from age five and up, DragonBox Algebra 5+ gives young learners the opportunity to get familiar with the basics of equation solving.
DragonBox uses a novel pedagogical method based on discovery and experimentation. Players learn how to solve equations in a playful and colorfull game environment where they are encouraged to experiment and be creative. By manipulating cards and trying to isolate the DragonBox on one side of the game board, the player gradually learns the operations required to isolate X on one side of an equation. Little by little, the cards are replaced with numbers and variables, revealing the addition, division and multiplication operators the player has been learning throughout the game.
Playing does not require supervision, although parents can assist them in transferring learned skills into pen and paper equation solving. It is a great game for parents to play with their kids and can even give them an opportunity to freshen up their own math skills.
DragonBox was developed by former math teacher Jean-Baptiste Huynh and has been heralded as a perfect example of game-based learning. As a result, it is currently forming the basis of an extensive research project by the Center For Game Science at the University of Washington.
* 10 progressive chapters (5 learning, 5 training)
* 200 puzzles
* Learn to solve equations involving addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
* Multiple profiles
* Dedicated graphics and music for each chapter
* supported languages: English, français, norsk, svenska, dansk, español, 한국어, italiano, português, Deutsch, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文, suomi, Nederlands, Eesti, Euskara, Türkçe, Čeština, Lietuvių, Magyar, 日本語...
2012 International Serious Play Awards
Best Educational Game
2012 Fun and Serious Games Festival
Best Serious Mobile Game
2012 Serious Games Showcase & Challenge
App of the Year
Children’s App of the Year
Best Serious Game
9th International Mobile Gaming Awards (2012 IMGA)
2013 ON for Learning Award
Common Sense Media
Best Nordic Innovation Award 2013
2013 Nordic Game Awards
Editors choice award
Children’s Technology Review
DragonBox is making me reconsider all the times I’ve called an educational app "innovative."
Step aside sudoku, algebra is the primordial puzzle game
Jordan Shapiro, Forbes
Brilliant, kids don't even know that they are doing Math
Jinny Gudmundsen, USA today
These guys are shaping the future of education
Brian Brushwood, TWiT
Awesome integration of algebra and gameplay!
My eight year old son immediately sat down and ran through the first two banks of problems without hesitation. It was amazing.
Christopher Wanko, CoolTools
You will be surprised at how much you can learn in a few hours with this app.
Geeks With Juniors
- July 31, 2012 Initial release
- August 21, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- April 07, 2013 New version 1.1.4
- July 05, 2013 New version 1.1.5
- July 12, 2013 New version 1.1.6
- February 10, 2014 New version 1.2.0
- May 30, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- June 04, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- July 19, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- September 02, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $2.99
- October 08, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- October 10, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- June 30, 2016 New version 1.3.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.3.2
- April 11, 2019 New version 1.3.4
- December 17, 2019 New version 1.3.7