Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Now you can use Transform tool to Layer folders.
- In "Translate Scale" of the Transform tool, you can now choose "Interpolation Method" from "Nearest Neighbor (Dot)", "Average Pixel (Dot)", "Bilinear (Normal)", "Bicubic (Sharp)", "Lanczos 2 (Sharp)" and "Lanczos 3 (Sharp)". In particular the image quality of reduction is improved by this feature.
- In "Perspective Form" of the Transform tool, you can now choose the repeat method from "Off", "Inner", "Horizon" and "Full".
- Brush QR codes uploaded to Online Gallery are now downloaded easily from "Online" in the Brush window.
- Improved the Canvas Size Selection window so that more different sizes of each aspect ration can be chosen.
- Added "Bloom" filter to the "Artistic" category.
- Added "Cross Filter" filter to the "Artistic" category.
- Added "God Rays" filter to the "Style" category.
- Now you can specify color by color code in the Color window.
- Now the app responds to several keyboard shortcuts.
- Improved so that the Layer window will not be closed even if the undo/redo button is tapped while the Layer window is displayed.
- Improved the undo/redo button to be displayed when a Layer window is displayed on a phone device.
- Improved undo and redo functions using 2/3-finger tap gestures and digital stylus buttons even when a window is displayed (disabled in some windows)
- Changed so that the Transformation window slides out when the first finger is touched in the Perspective Transformation and Mesh Transformation of the Move Transformation tool on phone devices.
- The Perspective and Mesh Transformations of the Transform tool have improved image quality, especially when shrinking, when interpolation is enabled.
- When the canvas was enlarged, it was often difficult to see where the currently transformed object went when the repeat option was turned off in the Transform tool's "Transform Scale".
- Shortened the time it takes to start the Transform tool.
- Added a rasterization confirmation alert when launching the Transform tool from the Transform button on the Option bar of the Lasso tool or the Transform button in the Layer window for text, frame, or shape layers.
- When interpolation is enabled, anti-aliasing is applied to the outermost part of the drawing object in Perspective Form and Mesh Form.
- In order to prevent unintentional movement of the entire mesh during Mesh Form, the ability to drag the entire mesh with one finger has been removed and a move knob has been added instead.
- When the Current layer is not currently visible and cannot be made visible temporarily, the reason why the Transform and Filter tools cannot be started is now displayed and the tools are not started.
- Changed so that the animation to close the displayed window when opening the File menu is not performed.
- Changed so that the Bucket setting is saved regardless of the "Save Stabilizer Settings" setting.
- Added "Fill with Current Color" and "Fill with Current Opacity" setting items to the Stabilizer window.
- Changed so that the margin of "Add Frame" can be set up to half of the canvas size (width and height).
- Changed so that the "Border Thickness", "Horizontal Interval", and "Vertical Interval" of the frame layout can be set up to 1/10 of the canvas short edge.
- Changed so that data outside the bounding box of a layer is not output when exporting in PSD format.
- Changed specification so that after using the Eyedropper tool while painting a lasso, it will return to the lasso painting tool.
- Increased the opacity of the background color of the various pop-up windows in My Gallery and Collections to make the text more readable.
For more details, please see the "News" in our website.
"QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.
ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 150 million times in total as a series, over 2700 materials, which provides over 1000 brushes, over 1000 fonts, 74 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 1000 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- 46 screen tone functions such as Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, Square, etc.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- June 11, 2014 New version 3.0.3
- July 21, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- September 20, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 25, 2014 New version 3.1.5
- November 08, 2014 New version 3.1.6
- November 27, 2014 New version 3.1.7
- January 17, 2015 New version 3.1.8
- March 24, 2015 New version 3.2.0
- April 23, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- May 01, 2015 New version 3.2.2
- July 09, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- July 25, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- August 18, 2015 New version 3.4.0
- September 26, 2015 New version 3.5.0
- November 14, 2015 New version 3.6.0
- December 01, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- February 14, 2016 New version 3.7.0
- February 19, 2016 New version 3.7.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 4.0.2
- June 30, 2016 New version 4.1.0
- July 06, 2016 New version 4.1.1
- November 05, 2016 New version 4.1.3
- December 03, 2016 New version 4.2.0
- December 15, 2016 New version 4.2.2
- April 27, 2018 New version 5.1.7
- July 05, 2018 New version 5.1.11
- June 13, 2019 New version 5.6.0
- September 18, 2019 New version 6.0.0
- September 20, 2019 New version 6.0.1
- September 23, 2019 New version 6.0.2
- September 27, 2019 New version 6.0.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 6.1.2
- November 18, 2019 New version 6.1.3
- January 25, 2020 New version 6.2.0
- March 08, 2020 New version 6.3.0
- May 20, 2020 New version 6.4.0
- June 25, 2020 New version 7.0.0
- June 29, 2020 New version 7.0.1
- June 30, 2020 New version 7.0.2
- July 02, 2020 New version 7.0.3
- July 29, 2020 New version 7.1.0
- November 03, 2020 New version 8.0.0
- November 05, 2020 New version 8.0.1
- November 21, 2020 New version 8.1.0
- January 07, 2021 New version 8.1.2
- February 28, 2021 New version 8.1.3
- March 04, 2021 New version 8.1.4
- March 29, 2021 New version 8.1.5
- June 16, 2021 New version 9.0.0