Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added new brushes "Coarse Pencil", "Coarse Pencil (Light)", "Bleed Watercolor", and "Bleed Watercolor (Dark)".
- Added "Find Edges (Handwriting)" to the "Adjust Color" filter category.
- Added a new brush parameter "Fill with Current Color" for the "Double" type.
- Added support for XP-PEN Pen tablet (Deco Pro SW/MW).
- When the window color is black, adjust the background color so that the text and buttons in the Add Web Font window, etc. are easy to see.
- Show the recommended value as a message when a large canvas size is selected. Changed the recommended value of image size when loading images.
- Fixed the notification message when a swapout occurs.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug that when pasting with the Selection tool, loading a material from the Material tool, or loading a photo in the Layer window, if only parallel movement is used in the Move and Transform tool's Move Scaling, the image may shift 1px up, down, left, or right when confirmed.
- Fixed a bug that when the Transform tool was applied to a hidden folder when there was a selection, the layers inside the folder would change to hidden.
- Removed an extra space before the closing parenthesis in the coordinate display of the Transforom tool.
- Fixed a bug where the blend mode was not properly reflected in the sample image in My Gallery when a crash occurred when the blend mode of a layer with clipping enabled was set to "Darker Color" or "Lighter Color".
- Fixed a bug in which the preview display sometimes reflected the clipping, layer opacity, and blend mode of the layer that was the working layer before the addition, and the preview display was sometimes cut off at the selected area, when adding a new text/frame layer.
- Fixed a bug that when adding a text layer on top of a frame layer, the border of the frame layer appears on top of the text.
- Fixed a bug that when adding a frame layer on top of a text layer, the frame line of the text layer appears on top of the frame.
- Fixed a bug in the Transform tool that could cause it to crash if you repeatedly hit Return (Enter) on the keyboard.
- Fixed a bug that the blue display or dashed line of the Selection layer in the preview of the entire canvas did not fade properly during fade animation in the layer window.
- Fixed a bug that when using Lasso Fill or Lasso Eraser after using Perspective Transform or Mesh Transform of the Transform tool, the drawing may become strange during playback.
- Fixed an issue where the color code would be displayed when selecting a palette in the color selection window, and the color code would not animate properly when switching panels.
- Fixed a crash when resizing the app screen while the Tool Select window is in dock view and a rasterization alert is displayed when the Filter tool is launched.
- Fixed a bug that the color of the close button of the Add Web Font window, etc. became black when the window color was white.
- Fixed an issue where automatic cancellation notifications for premium memberships would appear upon completion of the purchase in rare cases.
- Fixed a bug in the emboss filter for Selection layer.
- Fixed a rare crash when touching the screen when starting to edit an artwork.
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash after closing the billing description screen.
ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 150 million times in total as a series, over 2700 materials, which provides over 2000 brushes, over 1100 fonts, 75 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 2000 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- 46 screen tone functions such as Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, Square, etc.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 26, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- September 21, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 25, 2014 New version 3.1.5
- November 08, 2014 New version 3.1.6
- December 03, 2014 New version 3.1.7
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.1.8
- March 28, 2015 New version 3.2.0
- April 27, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- May 01, 2015 New version 3.2.2
- July 09, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- July 26, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- August 17, 2015 New version 3.4.0
- September 25, 2015 New version 3.5.0
- November 10, 2015 New version 3.6.0
- December 01, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- February 14, 2016 New version 3.7.0
- February 23, 2016 New version 3.7.3
- June 23, 2016 New version 4.1.0
- July 05, 2016 New version 4.1.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 4.1.3
- December 03, 2016 New version 4.2.0
- December 15, 2016 New version 4.2.2
- December 27, 2016 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 25, 2018 New version 5.5.9
- December 25, 2018 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- June 13, 2019 New version 5.6.0
- September 24, 2019 New version 6.0.2
- September 26, 2019 New version 6.0.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 6.1.2
- November 11, 2019 New version 6.1.3
- December 03, 2019 Price increase: $6.99 -> $7.99
- January 28, 2020 New version 6.2.0
- March 05, 2020 New version 6.3.0
- May 29, 2020 New version 6.4.0
- June 27, 2020 New version 7.0.0
- June 30, 2020 New version 7.0.1
- July 03, 2020 New version 7.0.3
- July 29, 2020 New version 7.1.0
- November 03, 2020 New version 8.0.0
- November 04, 2020 New version 8.0.1
- November 21, 2020 New version 8.1.0
- December 02, 2020 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- January 07, 2021 New version 8.1.2
- June 17, 2021 New version 9.0.0
- June 19, 2021 New version 9.0.1
- July 29, 2021 New version 9.1.0