Thank you for using ibis Paint!
From this version, the supported OS is iOS 12.0 or later and iPadOS 13.1 or later.
We kindly ask for your understanding.
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added "Satin" filter to "Style" filter category.
- Added support for XP-PEN Deco LW. (Can be used via Bluetooth connection).
- Improved memory usage when editing artworks.
- Changed the design of the Prime feature icon to make them easier to see.
- Changed to show an icon on the Prime features to indicate that it is a Prime feature, even after Prime Membership has been obtained.
[Fixed bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug that the height and strength of the filter "Glitch" did not work as specified in px when the artwork was horizontal.
- Fixed a bug in which the upper limit values for height, strength, and color shift of the filter "Glitch" were not correct for horizontal artwork, but were the upper limit values when the height and width were reversed.
- Fixed a bug where the strength of the "Glitch" filter did not always shift evenly from left to right depending on the device.
- Fixed a bug that when using Kaleidoscope Ruler or Rotation Ruler, using a brush with type "Water" and jitter color "Endpoint", the color may become strange or the drawing may disappear like an eraser.
- Fixed a bug in which using a digital pen with a thickness of 1px when using Mirror Ruler, Kaleidoscope Ruler, or Rotation Ruler could cause lines to break.
- Fixed a bug that when using Mirror Ruler, Kaleidoscope Ruler, or Rotation Ruler, if you use a digital pen with a thickness of 2px or more, the stroke may become dirty even if the line does not break.
- Fixed a problem with brushes with anti-aliasing disabled, where the drawing position might be slightly off when the thickness is an even number.
- Fixed a bug that the edge/shadow of a brush with anti-aliasing disabled could become dirty when the type "Double" was selected.
- Fixed a bug in Type "Double" brush painting that the "Shadow Angle" might be wrong direction by 90 degrees depending on the direction of the artwork.
- Fixed a bug in the brush drawing of type "Double", when the "Shadow Angle" - "Initial Angle" is 90 degrees, the "Shadow Angle" may become opposite angle depending on the direction of the artwork and the device, in which case the drawing may become incomplete.
- Fixed an issue where, depending on the device, opening the layer window when creating a long, narrow, and large canvas may cause an alert and prevent the artwork from being edited.
- Fixed the confirmation message when Cloud Synchronization is turned off to clearly state that the artwork will not be deleted.
- Fixed the font of the "Cloud Synchronization" label in My Gallery so that it is the same size as the other labels.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when manipulating the graph of Tone Curve filter.
- Fixed a bug that the brush thickness mark might appear in unintended situations when an XPPEN pen tablet is connected.
ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 200 million times in total as a series, which provides over 7100 brushes, over 2800 materials, over 900 fonts, 79 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as radial line rulers or symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 7100 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase. A prime member can use the following features and services
- 20GB of cloud storage capacity
- Prime Materials
- Prime Canvas Papers
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Levels Adjustment filter
- Replace Color filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- July 26, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- September 21, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 25, 2014 New version 3.1.5
- November 08, 2014 New version 3.1.6
- December 03, 2014 New version 3.1.7
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.1.8
- March 28, 2015 New version 3.2.0
- April 27, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- May 01, 2015 New version 3.2.2
- July 09, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- July 26, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- August 17, 2015 New version 3.4.0
- September 25, 2015 New version 3.5.0
- November 10, 2015 New version 3.6.0
- December 01, 2015 New version 3.6.2
- February 14, 2016 New version 3.7.0
- February 23, 2016 New version 3.7.3
- June 23, 2016 New version 4.1.0
- July 05, 2016 New version 4.1.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 4.1.3
- December 03, 2016 New version 4.2.0
- December 15, 2016 New version 4.2.2
- December 27, 2016 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 25, 2018 New version 5.5.9
- December 25, 2018 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- June 13, 2019 New version 5.6.0
- September 24, 2019 New version 6.0.2
- September 26, 2019 New version 6.0.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 6.1.2
- November 11, 2019 New version 6.1.3
- December 03, 2019 Price increase: $6.99 -> $7.99
- January 28, 2020 New version 6.2.0
- March 05, 2020 New version 6.3.0
- May 29, 2020 New version 6.4.0
- June 27, 2020 New version 7.0.0
- June 30, 2020 New version 7.0.1
- July 03, 2020 New version 7.0.3
- July 29, 2020 New version 7.1.0
- November 03, 2020 New version 8.0.0
- November 04, 2020 New version 8.0.1
- November 21, 2020 New version 8.1.0
- December 02, 2020 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- January 07, 2021 New version 8.1.2
- June 17, 2021 New version 9.0.0
- June 19, 2021 New version 9.0.1
- July 29, 2021 New version 9.1.0
- August 05, 2021 New version 9.1.1
- October 21, 2021 New version 9.1.2
- November 15, 2021 New version 9.2.0
- November 24, 2021 New version 9.2.1
- November 27, 2021 New version 9.2.2
- December 02, 2021 New version 9.2.3
- December 08, 2021 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- January 18, 2022 New version 9.3.0