- Bugs fixes
Evidence-Based Practice techniques for Apraxia. This app incorporates evidence-based treatment techniques using Hand Cues which are manual gestures used to mimic articulatory movements, leading to increasing procedural memory and improved motor planning. Patent pending therapist/parent sharing technology! Speech-EZ® is increasing communication and participation between SLP and parent with this its innovative TherapShare technology. If the SLP has the Pro version, and the parent has the Parent version, SLP and parent can communicate between devices! The SLP has the ability to create customized stimulus homework sets and "share" directly to the parent's app! You can also share collaborate between therapists if you child has more than one therapist they are working with!
This app was created for individuals with childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) and severe phonological disorders. Apraxia specialist Lynn Carahaly, M.A., CCC-SLP, developed The Speech-EZ® Apraxia Program therapy approach and supporting Speech-EZ iPad application. Children with Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, or other condition resulting in a Speech Sound Disorder can benefit from this app and evidence-based therapeutic techniques as well.
This app provides you with convenience, organization, and session-by-session data collection. You are able to track and store your child's session-by-session data allowing you to easily see your child's measurable progress.
• Patent pending therapist/parent sharing technology! If the SLP has the Pro version, and the parent has the Parent version, SLP and parent can communicate between devices!
• The SLP has the ability to create customized stimulus homework sets and "share" directly to the parent's app.
• Evidence-based treatment techniques using Hand Cues which are manual gestures used to mimic articulatory movements, leading to increasing procedural memory and improved motor planning.
• FULL Speech-EZ® manual with print capabilities
• Session Data visible to BOTH parent and SLP. Parent and Therapist can view each other’s sessions.
• Goals for CAS, Phonological Processes and more can be hand selected and customized from goal bank and shared with parent
• Greatly improved, sophisticated data collection and analytics
• Ability to customize and save/edit card sets and SHARE to Homework file
• Includes over 1000 colorful and engaging picture cards, 45 phonogram cards & 10 number cards, and the Speech-EZ® Hand Cues in video format
• Ability to select stimulus sets based on the individual’s verbal motor planning abilities:
o Sort by Vowel
o CV and VC words
o CVC words,
o CVCV words,
o Compound words,
o One-syllable words with blends,
o Two-syllable words,
o Three-syllable words,
o Four-syllable words
• Ability to select specific words to practice movement sequences by place of articulation: bilabial-to-bilabial, alveolar-to-velar, etc.
• Voice recording and playback
• Improved sort and shuffle abilities: shuffle random, ascending, and descending mode
• More control in setting such as start with back of card for reading
• Tap-to-play audio
• Inconspicuous data collection icons with pleasant sounds
• Store data for two users
• Email session reports
****NOTE This app has gone through a major update we know you all will be thrilled with! Those of you that have the older version of the app and are updating your app to include these new features will not be able to access your old student data. This is due to the fact that the data collection is so much more sophisticated and detailed it cannot and does not translate to our new platform. We are certain that you will be so please with the new data collection platform, you will not miss the old, and the fresh start will be welcomed!****
Categories: Education, Special Education
- January 11, 2013 Initial release
- December 11, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- January 14, 2014 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $79.99
- January 17, 2014 Price increase: $79.99 -> $179.99
- July 30, 2015 New version 2.0
- August 08, 2015 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $79.99
- August 10, 2015 Price increase: $79.99 -> $179.99
- July 02, 2016 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $89.99
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.4