PhotoPuppet HD is now compatible with iOS 11.
Check out the Explain Everything app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/explain-everything/id1020339980?mt=8) which is the current iteration of many concepts that first debuted in PhotoPuppet!
Puppet animation and frame-by-frame animation combined. Tap record and animate everything! Play back and export to MP4 or YouTube.
The easiest and fastest way to make cartoons on your iPad. Cut and insert fragments of your Photo Roll photos and move them on the screen. The app will record everything that you do.
The recording can be edited using a timeline and exported as an MP4 video or directly to YouTube.
- creating characters/puppets out of the iPad photo roll with a specialized cut-out tool
- characters can be created from many separately controlled parts (create puppets with animated legs, arms or heads)
- frame-by-frame animation - create a sequence of frames in a single object
- two different kinds of frame switchers with automatic/manual frame switching
- automatic motion - e.g. rotation for car wheels or planets
- recording, locking and editing individual object movement tracks
- rewinding and fast forwarding via the timeline
- exporting projects as MP4 video files
- posting videos to YouTube
- sending projects via email
- sending MP4 videos as email attachments
http://ipodteacher.blogspot.com "My first reaction to PhotoPuppet after I downloaded it was "Wow!" I was stunned to see the editing power in this app, even on the iPod. [...] There are all kinds of details that are not available in the other animation apps. You can edit the sound using tracks, like in Garage Band. You can snip parts out of audio tracks that you don't like. The elements in your animation are layered so you can control which ones show up on top of the others. The list of neat features goes on [...]"
http://ajewellatschool.blogspot.com/ (first school in the world with a 1:1 iPad deployment for every pupil from P1 - S5) - "A beautiful, comprehensive animation toolbox [...] allowing creation of characters, backgrounds, talking heads and lovely track-by-track editing. I introduced it today to a class for the first time and was struck by the same feeling I had when first demonstrating GarageBand (what higher compliment could any app get!) that the sky now really was the limit!
So, another tool for the 21st century teacher's toolbox. I think this one's a sledgehammer! "
- June 07, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- June 03, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- April 14, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- April 08, 2011 New version 1.2
- March 28, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 26, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 16, 2011 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- March 16, 2011 New version 1.1
- March 13, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $7.99
- March 11, 2011 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- November 02, 2011 New version 1.4
- November 25, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 26, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 22, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 23, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 12, 2012 New version 1.5
- November 26, 2013 New version 1.6
- October 04, 2014 New version 1.7
- February 24, 2015 New version 1.8
- May 28, 2015 New version 1.9
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.0
- June 14, 2019 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- June 16, 2019 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!