Latest iOS bug fixes
The Chambers Thesaurus is the perfect reference for writers and word game enthusiasts, while all lovers of language will find it a pleasure to browse through. There are nearly 40 000 distinct indexed words, and a total of about 400 000 synonyms and antonyms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search
- Cross-reference to offline and online dictionaries
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. On newer iPads it supports Split View and Slide Over for easily viewing with other apps. With iOS 13+ it supports dark mode. No Internet connection is required.
The Chambers Dictionary is also available as a separate app, and can easily be cross-referenced using the X-Ref button.
Our WordWeb, Chambers and Oxford dictionaries are also available separately for Windows and Mac desktop (Collins coming soon).
- March 18, 2012 New version 1.6
- September 19, 2012 New version 1.7
- October 18, 2013 New version 2.0
- October 23, 2013 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2014 New version 2.2
- July 07, 2015 New version 3.0
- November 28, 2015 New version 3.2
- November 05, 2016 New version 3.3
- June 14, 2019 New version 3.70
- September 26, 2019 New version 3.80
- September 28, 2019 New version 3.81
- October 21, 2019 New version 3.83
- November 04, 2019 New version 3.85