• Added a preference to follow the Web URL Rules from the StopTheMadness browser extension. This feature was added in Link Unshortener 7.0, and now there's a checkbox to control it.
• Moved settings to a separate Preferences window. You can still temporarily override some settings in the main window.
• The default value for the Trim URL queries preference is now Known Trackers. This works better when Link Unshortener is the default web browser.
• Improved the workflow of the auto-open preference.
• When there's an unshorten error, the original URL is now selected in the results rather than the last URL.
Link Unshortener expands shortened web links, following redirects until it reveals the destination URL. Never again click a link before you know where it's going!
Made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at [email protected] or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/LinkUnshortener/support.html
• Handles link shorteners such as t.co (Twitter), bit.ly, tinyurl, and more!
• Automatically removes URL tracking parameters.
• Automatically upgrades URLs from http to https.
• No web cookies, storage, or caches. Generic User-Agent. Your anonymity and privacy is protected.
• Includes a share extension.
• Includes a Mac system service.
• Open the destination URL in your selected web browser, or copy to the clipboard. There are preferences to do these automatically!
• Compatible with StopTheMadness Web URL Rules and the Open Link with contextual menu item.
Link Unshortener is a Universal Binary ready for Apple silicon and macOS Big Sur.
- July 14, 2020 Initial release
- October 27, 2020 New version 5.1
- October 27, 2020 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- December 09, 2020 New version 6.0
- May 06, 2021 New version 8.0
- May 06, 2021 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99