Make sure you update to the latest version!!
From now on you can compare your stats with top stats from professional football players such as P. Dybala, T. Werner, J. Felix., etc.
Welcome to adidas GMR
adidas, EA Sports, and Google Jacquard have combined forces to bring you the ultimate football experience – on and off the pitch!
adidas GMR is the new way to play connected — it consists of a GMR insole and Jacquard Tag developed by Jacquard™ by Google, which is capable of detecting Football-specific movement. The Jacquard Tag is placed in the GMR insole and understands what you do on the pitch, transferring this into the EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile game - Giving you access to exclusive content, helping you to increase your Team OVR and earn bragging rights by hitting the top of the leaderboards.
The adidas GMR app is used to setup and manage the Jacquard Tag. It also syncs all the data from the Jacquard Tag to the EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile game.
How does it work?
Besides for the Dashboard, the onboarding flow is the most important part of the GMR App experience. You’ll be given a step-by-step tutorial on how to correctly pair your Jacquard Tag, insert it into the GMR insoles and how to connect with the EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile app. The onboarding is split into four parts: Jacquard Tag pairing, profile creation, Jacquard Tag insertion, and connecting with EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile.
1. Pairing: Videos are used to demonstrate how to charge and enable pairing of the Jacquard Tag. After selecting your Jacquard Tag from a list of available devices, the firmware update is initialised.
2. Profile creation: If you don’t already have an existing adidas account, you’ll need to create a new one to register. You’ll then be asked for a few extra details, to ensure the algorithm on the Jacquard Tag is calibrated for accurate motion tracking.
3. Tag insertion: Additional videos demonstrate how to correctly insert the tag into the GMR insoles.
4. EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile linkage: In the last step, you’ll connect your GMR app with the EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile app.
Once you connect successfully to EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile, the GMR app dashboard is enabled. The dashboard displays all relevant information about your Jacquard Tag:
Battery status, connection status, name of your Jacquard Tag and a backup button to manually trigger data synchronisation with your Jacquard Tag, if required.
FAQ and Chat
To get a quick turn-around to your questions, please check our FAQ section.
If you have specific questions related to the GMR app or the Jacquard Tag you can reach out to our customer support via the live chat.
- March 10, 2020 Initial release
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.5.1
- October 23, 2020 New version 1.7.3
- November 12, 2020 New version 1.8.0
- December 10, 2020 New version 1.8.2