Fixed various issues with the iPhone X series.
"A gamers pixel point-and-click dream" -The Daily Fandom
"one of the most substantial point-and-click adventures we've played in a while" -Newsweek
"nostalgic, emotional, and beautiful" -Noisy Pixel
Whispers of a Machine is a Sci-Fi Nordic Noir that tells the story of Vera, a cybernetically augmented special agent tasked with investigating a string of murders. These brutal killings obscure a sinister truth, as Vera soon finds ties to a group of fanatics committed to creating an AI superintelligence — a pursuit outlawed for nearly a century.
Complicating things, a great loss from Vera's past comes back to haunt her, making her question her own sanity and everything she stands for.
As an agent of the Central Bureau, Vera is equipped with an advanced nano-substance called Blue. This rare and sought-after technology allows her to develop superhuman abilities adapted to her psychological mindset.
Choose your playstyle and utilize these augmentations to investigate, gather information, and solve puzzles with multiple solutions.
Will Vera’s unique blend of skills and intuition be enough to solve the case, or will she discover that things are more ambiguous than they seemed? In this emotionally gripping story with existential twists and multiple endings, Vera's actions will have monumental consequences not only for herself, but for all of humanity...
- INVESTIGATION, AUGMENTED: Will Vera approach situations with a more empathetic, analytical, or assertive style? Your choices will impact her augmentations and subsequent puzzle solutions.
- A POST-AI FUTURISTIC DYSTOPIA: Immerse yourself in a realized world of beautifully hand-drawn pixel art design and gorgeous settings influenced by the Nordics.
- POINT-AND-CLICK INNOVATION: A groundbreaking entry to the point-and-click adventure game genre by the experienced developers of Kathy Rain and The Samaritan Paradox.
- PROFESSIONALLY VOICED: 4,000+ lines of dialogue with full English voice acting, directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert.
** Images featured above have been taken on devices that support 16:9 resolution. Devices with resolutions that exceed 16:9 may experience issues with image scaling and clarity.
- April 23, 2019 Initial release
- June 13, 2019 New version 1.0.5
- August 16, 2019 New version 1.0.6
- September 11, 2019 New version 1.0.7
- October 02, 2019 New version 1.0.8
- October 09, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- October 21, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- December 30, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- July 14, 2020 New version 1.0.10