Tag: Retro »
Within the game, The Time Travel Clothing Company is stealing wool from kidnapped Quantum Sheep, resulting in the Mothersheep sending out an SOS ("Save Our Sheep," of course) to all heroes. It'll be your job to be that hero - using your jetpack to dodge dangers and put rescued sheep into your rocket, all the while keeping an eye on your dwindling air supply.
Inspired by Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum, the game features twenty characters to unlock, 100 levels to play, over forty different alien enemies, and over 11 million customization combinations for the look and feel of the game.
No pricing or release date has been announced yet for Air Supply SOS, but the game will have no in-app purchases or adverts and has been confirmed to work on iPhone 4 and up, original iPad and up, and on 5th generation iPod Touch.
Since 1996, when the first game in the series was developed using the RPG Maker, the Corpse Party series has been a cult favorite. 5pb games takes us back to where it all started: the cursed Tenjin Elementary School. When the class leader makes the mistake of invoking the "Shiawase no Sachiko-san" charm, a curse ceremony to transport people to parallel world, the characters are thrust into a world of grotesque horror. Corpse Party comes with full cast of voice actors, scenes, and over 20 hours of gameplay to keep you sleeping with a night light on for days.
You can check out Corpse Party for $21.99 on the App Store.
Batovi Games is doing its part to help spread World Cup fever with its new iOS game Pixel Cup Soccer. The game sports a retro look and incorporates virtual controls for passing, running, and shooting. It comes in two flavors: free and paid.
The paid version (the Cup Edition) has 16 international teams, and players can play friendlies, compete for the "Pixel Cup" and (on only iPad) can play local multiplayer. It also has leaderboards and Facebook functionality. The free version (Crush Brazil Maracanazo Edition) allows folks to relive the 1950 World Cup, in which Uruguay upset host Brazil in the penultimate game of the 4-team final. In this version, gameplay is based upon scoring to add time to the game clock.
Pixel Cup Soccer is available for $1.99 on the App Store.
The classic (and brutal) first-person adventure series that is Shadowgate has amassed a pretty decent following over the years. More than decent, really, which is why zojoi has been in the process of rebooting it by way of an all-new re-imagined Shadowgate for Windows, Mac, Android, and of course iOS. And goodness gracious does it look pretty.
The new Shadowgate isn't so much a port with improved visuals as a relaunch (hence all the "re-imagining" business). It will certainly include several nods to the originals such as familiar rooms and such, but it's intended to be a whole new thing. A whole new thing with plenty of classically brutal puzzles and gameplay, an all-new orchestral soundtrack, a retro soundtrack for the nostalgia fiends, some very nice visuals, animations, and a whole lot more.
Keep an eye out for Shadowgate on the App Store later this summer.
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, spell book, mapping system and on-screen commands to complete your quest
- Rooms: Tons of Beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game
- Difficulty Levels: Three different difficulty levels that actually change the game play experience and puzzle structure
- Commands: Intuitive command-based UI allows you to interact extensively with the environments (includes features like key binds, command locking/unlocking, retractable/maximizable HUD, etc.)
- Storytelling: Features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from a Shadowgate adventure
- Cinematic Score: A full, digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack by composer Rich Douglas
- 8-bit Score: A second retro soundtrack featuring Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES composition
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design
- Achievements: Dozens of in-game and Steam-based achievements to find and unlock
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animations and particles bring each location to life