As we continue to grow at 148Apps, we've added a great list of writers, all producing the really fantastic reviews you expect. But it's time to take 148Apps up another notch. It's time to expand. Part of that involves finding an assistant editor, someone to help keep the editorial focus fine tuned and on course while I start building the next great version of 148Apps. In addition, we need to expand our writing tribe to allow us to expand our publication.
If you think you might be interested in joining us, or you know of someone who might be interested, read on for the details.
I'm looking for a very driven, focused, perfectionist personality, high-energy person or persons to partner with me on the majority of the editorial responsibilities for 148Apps. This includes, but may not be limited to the following:
- organizing application review requests
- writing and posting 7-10 weekly editorial content / news items
- managing our communities on Twitter / Facebook
- working with the writers to help assign and track reviews
- final editing and posting of 12-20 reviews/week
While the amount of time a prospective assistant editor would need to keep up with these duties is unknown, and largely dependent on the person, the time is flexible. Ideal candidate would likely have a day job and do this in the evenings / weekends. There is the possibility of equity/profit share in 148Apps in the future.
If this is something you would like to do and are qualified to do, please send us an email with your experience and why you want to work with 148Apps to review dot monkey+editor at 148apps dot com.
Writers for 148Apps.com
We're looking for a few great writers with a strong passion for iPhone applications. People that love grabbing a new app, figuring out it's strengths and weaknesses, and telling the world about the best of them they find. With 20,000 apps in the app store right now, we'll never get to all of them. But, we want to get to the best ones.
We're looking for some high energy, detail obsessed reviewers that meet the following requirements:
- have an iPhone or iPod Touch (obvious I would hope) and think it's the best thing since sliced bread
- general knowledge of and interest in the iPhone community
- someone who can write at least as good as I can (shouldn't be too hard)
- some familiarity with Wordpress (if not, create a blog at http://wordpress.com and try it out)
- the ability to write and post at least 5 application reviews a week
What you get -- writing for 148apps.com gets you exposure. And lots of it. With over 500k visits last month, there's a lot of exposure to be had. We can't currently pay you for writing. but you'll get free apps to review, lots of them.
If you think this is something you might be interested it, get familiar with our review style and send us a review. Pick your favorite app, one that you know well. Don't worry about whether we've reviewed it already. Review it in the style of our site and send it in to review dot monkey+writer at 148apps dot com.
Founder / Editor