Optimized for iPhone6 and 6Plus screen sizes.
Support for iCloud syncing of Bookmark lists over 1MB.
Full-page word display mode.
Support for iOS4 through iOS8!
● runs on older iPads and iPod touch too.
More features than any other dictionary app available!
And the most "connected" dictionary app on iOS -plays nice with more third-party dictionaries and apps than anyone else.
Longman's flagship learner’s dictionary PLUS the Longman Activator Thesaurus
The ultimate learner's resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
Are you looking to increase your English vocabulary? Do you have difficulty deciding on the correct word to use in a particular situation? Then the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English PLUS Longman Activator Thesaurus is the app for you.
The Longman Activator Thesaurus is a thesaurus for learner’s of English – and unlike a traditional thesaurus, it provides full explanations of all words and phrases so that you truly understand the differences between them. For this reason, the Longman Activator Thesaurus has been described as “better than a thesaurus”!
LDOCE5 Dictionary details:
● 230,000 words, phrases and meanings - more than any other learner's dictionary
● 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network
● 10,000 encyclopedic entries -people and places.
● Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words
● Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words
● 5,000 verb conjugation tables
● Over 3000 images and 120 movies to help understanding
● Most frequent 3,000 words in spoken & written English highlighted for you
● Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
● The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors.
● Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 80,000 collocations will improve your fluency.
● Integrated Thesaurus.
-Over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve your vocabulary range.
86,000 pronunciation files
—all headwords in both UK & US accents
another 86,000 recorded example sentences
—via external links due to incredible size. Over 20GB of audio!
Activator Thesaurus details:
+ 866 keywords – basic words that you already know
+ Over 22,000 words and phrases
– all fully explained and illustrated with example sentences
+ Full index for quick look-up of words or phrases
+ Over 15,000 audio pronunciations in British and American English
+ Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words and phrases
+ Over 400 images
Making this the largest resource for English learning available on ANY mobile platform!
● full content of the print dictionary
- PLUS additional collocations, synonyms & word histories
● complete front matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● spelling suggestion dictionary included
● hyperlinking directly to meanings & appendices
● search on idioms and phrasal verbs
● search by synonym and "sign-post" meanings
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5+)
● Clipboard monitoring (iOS5+)
● full iOS8 support
● automatic history listing
● complete offline use (except for sentence sounds)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Fifth Edition (LDOCE5)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009, 2011
Longman Activator Thesaurus, Second Edition
© Pearson Education Limited 2002
- May 21, 2015 New version 6.3
- February 12, 2015 Price decrease: $34.99 -> $33.99
- November 13, 2014 New version 6.2
- October 08, 2014 New version 6.1.3
- September 09, 2014 New version 6.1.2
- August 11, 2014 New version 6.1.1
- August 11, 2014 Price increase: $32.99 -> $34.99
- June 13, 2014 Initial release