Sakura Dictionary is a brilliant new English - Japanese Dictionary based on the much loved EDICT content.
The EDICT project started in 1991 and has been growing for more than 25 years. In that time, it has become the standard Japanese-English reference on the Internet. We have been actively contributing to the project from almost the beginning and our UniDict has been available on various platforms for 20 years,
We have taken the deep and broad EDICT database and created the best Japanese English dictionary application on the iOS platform. Based on our 25 years of experience in digital dictionary development we have created a custom optimization of the EDICT data for our robust UniDict® dictionary engine.
This is EDICT is all of its glory. The search index is huge - at a half million possible search terms.
Try it and see for yourself the sleek performance on the powerful UniDict® engine and attractive display.
Now includes an optional kanji dictionary that is the best on the iOS platform, going far beyond all others in level of information.
Optional Kanji Dictionary includes:
• 13108 character headwords
• 10000 stroke-order animations
• multiple font variations with archaic forms
• computer codes and paper dictionary references
• Unicode Consortium's UniHan information
• Enables kanji handwriting recognition interface
• Enables a stroke order practice/testing mini-app
• search on English, Japanese and kana phonetics
• romaji pronunciations for headwords
• audio pronunciation of Japanese words and phrases
• real-time progressing look-up
• wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
• unique searching in triplicate
• spelling suggestions for English
• automatic history
• Japanese Handwriting recognition
• support for search from other applications
• Hyperlinked cross-references to third-party dictionaries
• OS-independent app localization
• Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
• iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
• No internet connection required for most features
• Facebook, Twitter & Evernote posts.
• Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
If you have any questions or comments about the application, please contact customer support at [email protected] and we will reply to you personally. If you simply write a review in iTunes, we are unable to contact you to help you with any issues you may have. Most issues can be solved in a single email.
This publication has included material from the EDICT dictionary files in accordance with the licence provisions of the Electronic Dictionaries Research Group.
UniDict® is a custom dictionary engine that has outsold all other dictionary delivery engines on iOS devices. It is the best of breed for it's category providing users with a up to the minute features, a strong and robust structure and an intuitive design and navigation. All UniDict® applications are cross linked to create an ecosphere of reference tools and content.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- June 18, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 19, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- September 07, 2014 New version 6.1
- March 05, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 26, 2015 New version 6.5
- November 23, 2015 New version 6.6
- July 06, 2016 New version 6.7
- July 29, 2016 New version 6.9
- August 19, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- November 07, 2016 New version 7.0.2
- June 15, 2019 New version 8.5
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 03, 2019 New version 8.7
- December 10, 2019 New version 8.9
- December 31, 2019 New version 8.9.1