Optimized for iPhone6 and 6Plus screen sizes.
Support for iCloud syncing of Bookmark lists over 1MB.
Oxford's largest single volume English Dictionary, plus audio —making this the largest Oxford English reference on ANY mobile platform.
● The entire Oxford Dictionary of English, Second Edition (ODE)
● 72,000 pre-recorded sound files from British English voice actors.
—yes, over 300MB! (Actually over 400MB when installed)
That's ten times more data than similar applications.
◼ Application Features:
▪ full content of the unabridged texts
▪ complete appendices and front matter
▪ unique three-way cross-referencing search
▪ real-time progressing look-up
▪ wildcard searches for unknown spellings and quizzes
▪ hyperlinking for dictionary & appendices
▪ unique support for round-trip search from other applications
▪ ”Retina Display" support
▪ "Fast App Switching" (Multitasking)
▪ bookmarks with editable notations
▪ iCloud Bookmark syncing (iOS5)
▪ Clipboard monitoring when in background (iOS5)
▪ automatic history
▪ complete offline use - no internet connection is required
▶ The foremost single-volume authority on the English language
▶ Hundreds of new words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language
The Oxford Dictionary of English is at the forefront of language research, focusing on English as it is used today, informed by the most up-to-date evidence from the largest language research programme in the world, including the 800-million-word Oxford English Corpus. This revised edition includes hundreds of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information, and extensive appendices covering topics such as countries, heads of state, and chemical elements.
◼ Sound Files from Oxford Sound Bank
▶ over 72,000 pre-recorded soundfiles linked to headwords
▶ high-quality recordings with native English pronunciations
▶ accurate coverage of different homographs, variant forms and inflections
◼ Supported Thesaurus software:
Oxford Thesaurus of English (OTE)
Rogets II -the New Thesaurus
Companion Thesaurus -with SpellChecker
Oxford Dictionary of English (ODE), Second Edition revised
© Oxford University Press 2005
Soundfiles from the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary
© Oxford University Press 2002
All rights reserved Oxford University Press
- August 11, 2014 Initial release
- September 10, 2014 New version 6.1.1
- October 07, 2014 New version 6.1.2
- November 10, 2014 New version 6.2
- December 05, 2014 New version 6.2.1
- April 16, 2015 New version 6.3