All three episodes of The Detail are now available for free on iOS.
**NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 4S and up, and iPad 2 and up - also requires iOS7 and up**
****The whole three-episode season is now available for free on iOS! No in-app purchases necessary. We'll just ask you to indulge us and enjoy some quick commercial breaks instead. ****
"The quality and love that’s clearly been invested in this game is there for all to see, and one that's worth the asking price." 4.5/5 - 148Apps
"The Detail: Episode One - Where The Dead Lie sets things up nicely for the rest of the series. It's sharp, very well written, and you're never quite sure what the cast of characters are going to do next." 8/10 - Pocket Gamer
"From experiencing heinous crimes daily to having to constantly stay on guard to budget issues that directly impede your ability to properly do your job, my time with The Detail was an experience I won’t soon forget."
Great: 4 out of 5 stars - Gamezebo
"No matter how you slice The Detail, it’s just a well crafted experience that will leave a lasting impression." 4.0 / 5.0 - AppleNApps
The Detail, a crime noir adventure in a modern American city.
Controlling the actions of a bitter veteran detective investigating a brutal gangland murder and a reformed criminal trying to protect his family, the player is forced to make tough choices and deal with the resulting consequences of those moral dilemmas. The gameplay focuses on branching narrative mixed with interactive comics, and is completed by a professional audio track.
The Detail combines the emotional impact of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead with the themes of a realistic crime drama like HBO's The Wire, delivered with our own unique visual style inspired heavily by graphic novels. This is city where cases matter, clearance rates matter, and on a good day even justice matters.
- Character-driven experience with multiple playable characters
- Branching storyline influenced by the player's choices
- Mature themes for mature players
- Ethical and moral challenges
Awards & Recognitions
"Game Connection America Selected Project Finalist 2014" San Francisco, 2014
"Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival Official Selection" Strasbourg, 2014
- February 04, 2015 Initial release
- February 11, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 01, 2015 New version 1.0.1
- July 15, 2015 New version 2.0
- July 15, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- July 20, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- August 16, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- October 14, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 24, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 26, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- July 31, 2016 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- June 15, 2019 New version 2.0.2
- June 15, 2019 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- June 16, 2019 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!