- problem with DLCs fixed
The universe of This War of Mine has been expanded by following DLCs:
The Little Ones - explores the hardships of wartime survival as seen from an entirely new perspective - that of a child.
This War of Mine: Stories:
1st episode: The Father's Promise - a heartbreaking tale of loss and hope in a war-torn city
2nd episode: The Last Broadcast – as a radio-operator you are going to face moral dilemmas and decide, whether there is a price too high for the truth
3rd episode: Fading Embers - in severe and harsh winter, you will need to find an answer to the question of what is more important - survival of human legacy or the survival of a man.
All of the Stories episodes are available as separate DLCs as well as a part of Season Pass. The Little Ones DLC is not included in the Season Pass.
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition
It's been two years since This War of Mine global release and we're still expanding the experience. This new free DLC, created especially for the Anniversary Edition, adds new characters, new locations to explore, and most importantly - a whole new ending, leading to a different outcome to the game. The dilemma though remains the same – how far will you go, to protect the ones you care about?
• Inspired by real-life events
• Control your survivors and manage your shelter
• Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves – anything that helps you survive
• Make decisions - an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
• Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
• Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game's theme
By any means necessary.
Is this a game you want to play? No. Is it a game anyone with a beating heart should play? Yes. A million times yes.
This, right here, this is what a video game as a work of art looks like.
*Please be aware that the game is not compatible with all integrated graphics cards available in Mac computers. We cannot ensure that the game will run smoothly on every configuration out there. Recommended GPU - minimum 512 MB of dedicated VRAM.
- September 13, 2015 Initial release
- December 22, 2015 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $6.99
- December 30, 2015 Price increase: $6.99 -> $19.99
- December 23, 2016 New version 1.3.6
- December 28, 2016 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $3.99
- December 29, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- January 06, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $18.99
- June 14, 2019 New version 5.0.0
- June 14, 2019 Price increase: $18.99 -> $19.99
- August 16, 2019 New version 6.0.1
- September 04, 2019 New version 6.0.2
- September 24, 2019 New version 6.0.3
- November 04, 2019 New version 6.0.4
- December 09, 2020 New version 6.0.5
- August 05, 2021 New version 6.0.6