Multiple destination route optimizations is finally here! Whether you’re a designated driver, carpooling parent, or control freak, Routes is a must have.
All for free if you download Routes now:
- Quickly search and input up to 10 waypoints
- View a comprehensive briefing updated with accurate travel times
- Drive using our simple turn by turn directions on a live map
Routes is three steps simple. Here's how we do it:
- Enter an “arrive by” curfew time for each waypoint
- Choose how long to spend at each waypoint
- Choose between optimizing or manually sorting each trip
- Turn on a 5 minute notification reminder
- Real time and predictive traffic info gathered from millions of sources
- Receive an accurate recommended departure time
- Very detailed route briefing including time spent at destinations
- Tap to text specific arrival info within the app
- Clickable, zoomable map with all destinations pinned
- Simple visual live navigation with spoken directions
- Large text size for driving instructions to reduce distractions
All users receive a free 7 day premium feature trial. After 7 days, basic users will only be able to optimize routes with three or less destinations. All other functionality remains the same. After the trial has ended, an optional in app purchase will allow you to become a premium user. Premium users are able to load routes with up to ten destinations. All other functionality remains the same.
The designated driver scenario:
Suppose you are stuck as the sober driver one night. Rather than worrying about curfew and how to get everyone home efficiently, just plan the night with Routes. At the beginning of the night, while everyone can still remember their own address, quickly input all your passengers’ drop off points with our convenient localized search. Then, choose your own house as the final destination and set the “arrive by” time as your curfew. Choose the optimization and notification options, load the Route, and soberly party on! We’ll give you an alert when it’s time to gather everyone and head out.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- April 03, 2014 Initial release