This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• You can now set a crossfade between tracks.
• The party host can now fully reorder the queue, locking tracks in position if desired.
• Set a welcome message shown to guests joining the party.
• Connect Party DJ to a TV or other external display for a beautiful display of upcoming tracks.
• Support for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus.
• Interface updates & improvements.
• A passcode for guests is now set by default the first time you run the app.
Party DJ is now free to try, with an in-app purchase to unlock premium features. Users who purchased Party DJ before this version will have premium features permanently unlocked. This means your guests no longer need to download the separate "Remote" app and can now simply download the main Party DJ app.
Party DJ is a music queueing app you use with your friends.
Party DJ will shuffle all of your music, or your choice of playlist(s), and allow you and your guests with smartphones to vote on what tracks will play next. Tracks with more votes move up and get played sooner.
Guests can queue up songs from your library and those from their own (if they have an iOS device)
Party DJ has a free companion remote app called Party DJ Remote (also available in the App Store) and a web interface for guests without iPhones.
"Party DJ is impressive in how it “just works” and brings back an old feature while adding new options thanks to iOS 7 and Bluetooth. I had a lot of fun testing Party DJ at home and I can see it being used at family gatherings or parties where music democracy can be the best solution to settle arguments over what’s playing." - Federico Viticci, MacStories
Please Note: Party DJ currently works only with music downloaded onto your device, so if you use iTunes Match you will need to download tracks to your device to play them in Party DJ.
- June 04, 2014 Initial release
- December 18, 2014 New version 1.1
- December 18, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!