• All new PATTERN Mode! Vision and learning are intimately related, and color blindness can cause significant problems for children learning through color differentiation. For this reason, we have developed new ‘PATTERN' mode which is perfect for children who have difficulty distinguishing colours.
• 2 New Languages: Russian & Portuguese!
• Chinese language corrections.
• Bug Fixes.
The Guardian - ‘50 Best Apps for Kids from 2013 that Parents can Trust’
Winner: Gold & Silver APPY Award for Best Children's App and Best Educational App
The iPhone Mom - “5 Stars: Symmetry School is a goldmine of educational fun”
Alignment to COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
Have fun and learn with Symmetry School – a multilingual, captivating, brain-twisting game designed to support and encourage mathematical development in your child.
Symmetry School’s intuitive learning experience allows children of ALL abilities to learn through play, exploring hard-to-grasp symmetrical concepts on their own terms and at their own pace.
Geometry, the mathematics of shape and space, is a fun and practical way to introduce mathematical thinking, and Symmetry School encourages learners to use their intuition and imagination to explore symmetrical puzzles. Through gameplay, learners are aided in developing an essential foundation in spatial reasoning, problem solving and visualization.
Suitable for home or school use, Symmetry School has been developed in-line with international curriculum requirements for short-form K-12 learning. Symmetry School fits easily into the classroom time period and each app purchase provides access to a supporting Whiteboard version for teachers. There are supplemental print activities available to download, as well as a handy 'Email Your Result' module used for homework activities.
• Learn to recognise reflective and rotational symmetry.
• Use an understanding of reflective symmetry to complete the missing half of a pattern.
• Use an understanding of rotational symmetry to predict and describe the results of rotating patterns.
• Recognise simple spatial patterns and relationships and make predictions about them.
• Develop a foundation for understanding symmetry at later levels.
• Solve problems and learn to work systematically.
• Develop fine motor skills.
• Have fun and learn!
Symmetry School has been rigorously user tested through multiple school pilots, with the appropriate educational vocabulary used throughout the game. The language and terminology used within Symmetry School has been chosen by international educationalists for all 8 languages. Symmetry School is available in English, French, German, Irish, Chinese, Spanish and now Portuguese and Russian.
COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS Alignment:
• CCSS.Math.Practice.MP1 – Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
• CCSS.Math.Practice.MP4 – Model with mathematics.
• CCSS.Math.Content.4.G.A.3 – Recognize a line of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure as a line across the figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts. Identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
• CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1 – Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations.
• CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.2 – Understand that a two-dimensional figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained from the first by a sequence of rotations, reflections, and translations; given two congruent figures, describe a sequence that exhibits the congruence between them.
• CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.3 – Describe the effect of translations, rotations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
ABOUT SPRAOI SCHOOL
Spraoi School is an engaging series of educational apps and games for home and school which delivers bite-sized educational concepts directly targeting curriculum objectives. The purpose of the Spraoi School series is to support the development of mathematical, language and science-based reasoning in early-to-middle childhood education.
Our aim at Spraoi School is to make learning fun!
- May 21, 2013 Initial release
- July 02, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- September 01, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 09, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- September 17, 2013 New version 1.0.2
- December 13, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- March 10, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- March 11, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- March 14, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 15, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 24, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 02, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 29, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 02, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99