Changes in this update include:
* Brand new city, featuring a brand new plane! (Birmingham)
* OpenFeint has been removed from the game, as it is no longer being supported by its parent company.
* Local leaderboards have been added to replace those previously supplied by OpenFeint
* The order of the cities has been changed based on feedback from our players WRT difficulty
* Rebalanced city prices. Earlier cities are more expensive to unlock, but later cities are much cheaper. We hope this will make the end-game cities feel like less of a grind.
* A link to dedicated game forums have been added to the game
* Minor bugfixes
We love our fans and want to be direct and honest with you about the state of this game. So far we've taken a significant financial loss on our development efforts for Steambirds: Survival and we just can't afford to continue working on it if we can't find a way to stop losing money. One thing left for us to try is increasing the length of time that advertisements in between sessions are played. We are hoping that this change will make the game profitable enough that we can justify continuing to do free content updates for all of you. As always, if you dislike the advertisements, you have the option of disabling them *and* unlocking all cities for a single, fixed price.
Questions? Comments? Please don't hesitate to contact us at su[email protected]
Your friends at Spry Fox and Halfbrick
In the Steambirds universe, the Allies are losing the war against the Axis powers and their incredible Armada. As an elite Allied pilot, your goal is to stand your ground against endless waves of Axis aircraft. The odds are overwhelming. You're hopelessly outnumbered. The United Kingdom is almost certainly doomed, but you *might* be able to save its citizens.... if you can hold off death long enough for them to evacuate!
Steambirds: Survival features 10 unique aircraft and 80 unique missions. Each plane in SB:S has its own strengths and weakness which will require you to change your strategy if you want to succeed. You'll also need to collect powerups dropped by enemy aircraft; grabbing and using these at the right time will be the key to your survival.
Steambirds: Survival, the sequel to the hit game Steambirds (first released in 2010 and played by over 12 million people worldwide) is brought to you by its original creator, Spry Fox, and by Halfbrick, the developer of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CURRENT CUSTOMERS: If you have previously purchased the "unlock all cities" upgrade, after you update the game, the cities may once again appear locked. This is easily rectified! Just verify in iTunes Purchase History that your purchase is there, then click the "buy" button again (you won't be charged twice.) If for some reason the purchase is *not* showing up in iTunes, just email us and we'll help you.
- October 19, 2011 New version 1.0.2
- December 01, 2011 New version 1.1
- June 23, 2012 New version 1.2
- August 25, 2012 New version 1.25
- March 15, 2013 New version 1.3