The Plane Finder team are pleased to bring you another update
This one includes...
• Extra detail when tapping on a plane, see where those planes are going!
• Various performance improvements and enhancements
• Increased coverage
We hope you've noticed that our coverage gets better and better too. Thank you to everyone that shares data and host receivers for us. Please let us know if you want to be a part of our network.
Thanks as always for all of your feedback and comments too. We do listen!
Each new version wipes out old reviews so please help us by leaving a new review. You should be prompted in a few days time!
We cannot reply to reviews so if you have any feedback for us please email [email protected] - we always reply.
Plane Finder HD Free shows live moving planes on a worldwide map and has been beautifully re-engineered for iOS7.
Simply tap a plane to see the flight number and airline. We've even included 23 different plane markers for easy identification.
You can even use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera!
Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
If you like this app you'll love the full version of Plane Finder HD.
The full version includes a huge array of additional features such as playback, logos, powerful search, unlimited free filters and alerts, route data, airport departure boards, free augmented reality view and much much more.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS‐B signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS‐B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS‐B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in near real time is also included for North America; this is subject to a short time delay.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
- March 29, 2011 New version 2.40
- March 18, 2011 New version 2.30
- December 11, 2010 New version 2.29
- December 02, 2010 New version 2.26
- August 27, 2010 New version 2.16
- July 22, 2010 New version 2.13
- July 02, 2010 New version 2.12
- May 28, 2010 New version 2.10
- May 11, 2010 New version 2.02
- April 14, 2010 New version 2.01
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.40
- October 18, 2012 New version 3.2.0
- October 22, 2013 New version 7.0.0
- October 23, 2013 New version 7.0.1
- February 06, 2014 New version 7.0.3
- March 07, 2014 New version 7.0.4
- July 23, 2014 New version 7.2.0
- August 04, 2014 New version 7.2.2
- August 31, 2014 New version 7.3.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 7.4.0
- November 06, 2014 New version 7.4.1
- November 12, 2014 New version 7.4.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 7.4.4
- July 11, 2015 New version 7.4.6
- July 12, 2015 New version 7.4.7
- July 30, 2015 New version 7.4.8