In this release of First-Then we have added new features and fixed previously existing bugs and issues:
- Feature: Ability to change the name of a schedule
- Feature: Ability to set an image of a schedule
- Feature: Ability to reorder schedules
- Feature: Import/Export option - in the cloud
- Feature: PDF Export and E-Mail of selected schedules
- Feature: NEW! Settings menu - including the Checkbox option, backup/restore options, PDF Generate and email option
- Feature: When creating new events - the name of the selected image will be pre-inserted as the title
- Bugfix: after editing - the title of Step was not being refreshed
- Bugfix: display issue when rotating device under iPod
- Bugfix: File Sharing import/export crashes and issues - fixed
- Bugfix: duplicate images used to appear after import/export - fixed
First-Then visual schedule application is designed for caregivers to provide positive behavior support. For individuals with communication needs, developmental delays, Autism or those who benefit from a structured environment; visual schedules serve to increase independence and lower anxiety during transitions through different activities.
This app was designed for use for the iPhone and iPod. If you are looking for a version that works on these devices as well as the iPad, please check out: FTVS HD: First Then Visual Schedule HD
*Use your own photos or add photos from the built in Internet image search feature.
*Record your own voice to the images.
*Create as many schedules as you need.
*Change the order of a schedule, anytime!
*"Save and Share" schedules via "File Sharing" on iTunes.
* Backup schedules via iCloud.
* Email a PDF copy of a schedule to print off at home.
Visual schedules provide positive behavior support through the use of images that show daily events(i.e. morning routine or therapy schedule) or steps needed to complete a specific activity, (i.e. using the restroom).
User can *record their own voice*, *add their own images* from their computer, internet image importer or iPhone/ iTouch camera, or simply use images from the application’s stock library to create a schedule. Flexibility of obtaining images allows for schedules to be created “on-the-go” to help transition through unexpected changes in a routine.
Within a saved schedule, as many images as needed can be used to create the steps needed to complete a task. There is also the option of choosing different formats for use in each of the schedules. Format options can be changed at a moments notice depending upon the preference of the user:
*THREE DIFFERENT FORMATS:*
*FULL SCREEN*- In this format a larger image appears on the screen. User accesses next image on schedule by simply swiping screen to the left.
*FIRST-THEN SCREEN*- This format shows two images side by side with an arrow between images to guide the sequence of the activity. This is often a visual that is given to portray conditional statements. For example, ”First bathroom, then computer”. This helps let the user know what is coming up next. Split screen can be read left to right with captions underneath each image, or top to bottom of screen with schedule scrolling down to see next image in the schedule.
*LIST SCREEN*- This screen allows images to be listed in a list format where four images are placed on schedule. This is great for a schedule for a child that is very familiar with a system of picture exchange or is not as easily distracted by upcoming activities.
*VOICE CAN BE ADDED TO IMAGES *and added to the images to help further reinforce schedule and to aid with receptive and expressive language acquisition. Please note, that if you have an iTouch that you will need to purchase a microphone to record sound.
*CHECKLIST FEATURE* can be turned "on" or "off" within the "settings" menu. You can add a checkmark by a task to visually indicate that the task is completed.
*ADD YOUR OWN PHOTOS* by using the iPhone’s built in camera or download images from your personal computer to the camera roll or use the apps internet image importer.
*STOCK IMAGE LIBRARY* consists of common images that can be immediately accessed to create schedules.
In addition, for reference we have added three example schedules (contain no audio-output) that can be deleted or edited.
We at *Good Karma Applications* have an intimate understanding of the needs of those leading exceptional lives. It is our mission to provide low-cost, effective applications to that special group of individuals. We hope that our applications will enhance the lives of those leading exceptional lives, and in doing so, provide support for those who love and care for them.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.1.5
- August 13, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- August 15, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- October 01, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- October 03, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- April 07, 2012 New version 1.1.6
- April 06, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- April 07, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99