Remove third-party analytics (Fabric/Crashlytics).
Play the ancient game of Go against your iPhone or iPad. Starting with the empty board, your goal is to surround territory — the simple rules of Go lead to a complex and beautiful game. This 4000-year-old board game originating in China is also known as igo (囲碁), wéiqí (围棋), or baduk (바둑).
SmartGo Player includes a tutorial that teaches you the fundamentals of Go step-by-step. Each rule and tactic is followed by a number of problems that let you practice and fully grasp the concept.
If you enjoy strategy board games like chess or Othello, you'll love Go.
SmartGo automatically adjusts the handicap to keep the game challenging, for beginners as well as seasoned players. Start with 9x9, and unlock 11x11 and 13x13 as your play improves. With a strong engine based on the latest research into Monte Carlo techniques, this is the game to beat.
- 9x9, 11x11, 13x13, and 19x19 boards
- Strong game engine
- Fast response (adjustable)
- Automatic handicap adjustment on 9x9, 11x11, 13x13
- Manual choice of handicap and board size up to 19x19
- Track level per user
- Computer resigns when too far behind (can be turned off)
- Territory estimator
- Tutorial with over 100 problems
SmartGo Player is optimized for a quick and challenging game of Go against the computer. SmartGo Kifu is designed as a versatile tool for Go players who want to study professional games, practice Go problems, record their games, as well as play against the computer.
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.4
- August 15, 2012 New version 2.0
- September 12, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- October 03, 2012 New version 2.0.2
- February 17, 2013 New version 2.1
- March 20, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- July 30, 2013 New version 2.2
- September 20, 2013 New version 2.3
- September 26, 2014 New version 2.4
- September 16, 2015 New version 2.5
- November 07, 2015 New version 2.5.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.6.1