This major update adds an original soundtrack to every chapter for the first time and fixes some general bugs.
unmemory is a crafted combination of a thrilling story and puzzle games, an escape room inside an interactive novel about a girl gang and a broken mind. Will you solve the mystery?
Mobile Game of the Year, Stuff Awards; Best Text-Based Game, PocketGamer Best iPad Game 2020, Tech Radar, Best Mobile Game 2020, MacWorld; Best Narrative and Best Mobile Game 2020, Valencia Indie Summit; Best Mobile Game and Best IDea, DeVuego Awards 2020
You have to find your girlfriend's murderer, but you brain is damaged and you cannot make new memories. Using notes, pictures, and recorded messages you will have to solve the mystery and maybe, just maybe, discover an uncomfortable truth in this crime story set in the 90s.
- Text is the gameplay, a cool and innovative mix of interactive reading, story, and escape room puzzles.
- Details have been carefully crafted, from the editorial design to the sophisticated photographs.
- An immersive storytelling format that broadens the view of what games (and books) could be.
- Full of 90s references to noir thrillers, graphic adventures, or iconic devices.
- Themes: Memories, culture jamming, art pranks, empowered women and LGTBI.
MOBILE GAME OF THE YEAR. Stuff Gadget Awards 2020.
This is a stylish and smart take on a now-established genre, and from the second you hear a distant phone ringing, realize you spotted one earlier and frantically scroll back up the screen to answer it, you’ll be smitten.
An "Escape Book" that is sure to delight fans of the genre. Engaging, interactive, and with lots of narrative details that will make you spend several hours on your screen. 8/10
BEST TEXT-BASED GAME. PocketGamer.
Unmemory is the best text-based game I have played to date. It can be read as a storybook or played as a game.
BEST MOBILE GAMES OF 2020. Metro.
Dropping you straight into the action, Unmemory’s captivating blend of puzzles and mystery uses every aspect of your phone, from touch to motion to sound and visuals, making it – ironically – a singularly memorable experience. 8/10
BEST iPad GAMES 2020. Tech Radar.
It’s rare to see truly fresh games on iPad, but unmemory manages to thrill and intrigue in equal measure, doing clever things with narratives, adventures, and puzzling.
THE TEN BEST MOBILE GAMES 2020. Der Standard.
"Unmemory" has less to do with the rather dusty "interactive fiction" than with clever puzzle games like "Device 6" or even the logic puzzle "Return of the Obra Dinn". Exciting and extremely stylish.
- October 17, 2020 Initial release
- October 27, 2020 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- November 11, 2020 New version 1.05
- December 09, 2020 New version 1.06
- January 26, 2021 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- February 24, 2021 New version 1.07
- February 24, 2021 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- May 06, 2021 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- August 05, 2021 New version 1.08
- August 05, 2021 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99