Proloquo4Text 4.3 is now optimized for the new Macs, powered by Apple’s own M1 chip.
Proloquo4Text™ is a text to speech app for those who cannot rely on their voice to speak. The app is laid out on a single window to reduce the effort of typing. The layout enables easy, daily conversation and quick access to your most common phrases. Personalize it to your needs and preferences, whether that’s through choosing from the many voices available, or through customizing your screen layout.
Proloquo4Text is the leading AAC solution for literate adults, teens and children. It is used by people with a wide range of diagnoses, including developmental disabilities (like autism, apraxia, and cerebral palsy) and acquired disorders (like laryngectomy, ALS, stroke, or traumatic brain injury). Proloquo4Text can be used to produce speech by anyone who can type and spell.
Communicate with ease
• Use the single window for easy access to words, phrases and keyboard
• Switch easily between conversations, making it easy to answer a question in another conversation, without disrupting what you typed in the first conversation.
• Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak-as-you-type
• Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your preference and needs
Reduce typing effort
• Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
• Make typing quicker with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix™ word prediction
• Show what you typed with the fullscreen view
• Type once, then say it again with history and sentence prediction
• Use keyboard shortcuts to avoid switching between your mouse and keyboard
Choose your voice
• Download, natural-sounding voices within Proloquo4Text. All premium Acapela voices are included in Proloquo4Text with no in-app purchase.
• Add personality and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
• Choose from over 100 voices in 18 languages, so you can find the one that sounds most like you. Switch easily between languages.
• Use my-own-voice, a voice-banking technology, to preserve and capture the essence of your own voice in synthetic speech.
Share your world
• Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
• Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
• Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
Take your voice anywhere
• Proloquo4Text is available on both macOS and on iOS. With macOS, you can use the app on your computer. The iOS version is a separate purchase on the App Store for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.
• Smoothly transition between devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on all devices.
• Follow words as they are spoken with optional sentence or word highlighting
• Communicate without an internet connection
• Keep your devices in sync by easily backing up and restoring your customizations and stored phrases.
AssistiveWare® is the developer of Proloquo2Go®, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 200,000 individuals around the world.
- December 17, 2019 Initial release
- January 06, 2020 New version 4.0.1
- January 28, 2020 New version 4.0.2
- July 14, 2020 New version 4.2
- October 23, 2020 New version 4.2.6
- December 09, 2020 New version 4.2.8
- January 26, 2021 New version 4.3