1. Christmas! Santa Claus is coming with presents! Hohoho!
2. Large mining update:
- build both small and large mines
- much more iron, but more work to extract it
- find other materials than iron in your mines
#1 Role playing game in 32 countries so far!
"You are Hope" is based on an earlier version of a PC game called "ONE HOUR ONE LIFE", made by Jason Rohrer.
It's not the same game though. You are Hope's gameplay and online worlds are separate from OHOL's, and the emphasis is more on the need to collaborate peacefully with other players in order to survive and evolve. Your task is to rebuild civilization from scratch, together with other players and across countless generations.
One important thing you do in this game is to name your children (who are also players). "You are Hope" is what a mother would say when she gives the name 'Hope' to her baby.
You are born either as a baby to one of the other players, or as a young woman if no suitable mother is found. Every minute of real time is one year in the game and your maximum age is 60 years. A single life is limited, but the things you make during your lifetime are left for your children and grandchildren once you are gone. Try to make life a little bit easier for those who come after you, so your family line will have a chance to prosper for generations to come.
Sometimes you will spawn alone in the wilderness. You need to build a fire to stay warm and trap rabbits to get meat and furs for clothes. A sharp stone may be your best friend in the beginning. Try to find a good spot to settle and grow some food, because other players may soon arrive as your children, and will need to be taken care of until they are grown enough to help you.
Sometimes you will be born in a sprawling city, with farmers, cooks, blacksmiths, shepherds and hunters. There will be clothes and equipment ready for you, prepared by players who may be your grandparents or distant relatives. Maybe you will gather some friends and set out to start a settlement of your own, maybe you will inherit a farm job from your uncle, or maybe you will slay bears and wolves. The choices are endless, but remember: unless you leave the world better after you have lived than when you arrived, you have not really achieved anything.
Every life you play will put you in contact with new players. Some are more experienced than you, some are less. Some will teach you and some will learn from you. Some may even be disruptive to the civilization you are building, and will need to be dealt with accordingly. It will be up to you and your fellow players to shape the world for a brief moment in time, before the following generations take over.
After your game life is over, you can look at your family tree and see how your descendants are doing. You can take pride in each of your younger relatives who survives into adulthood and in each new generation that follows you, knowing that you helped make it happen.
- August 16, 2018 Initial release
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.0.1
- June 22, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 24, 2019 New version 2.1.0
- June 25, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.3.0
- August 18, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- August 28, 2019 New version 2.3.1
- August 28, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- September 11, 2019 New version 2.4.0
- September 27, 2019 New version 2.5.0
- October 21, 2019 New version 2.6.0
- November 04, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- November 11, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- November 18, 2019 New version 2.7.0
- December 09, 2019 New version 2.8.0
- December 24, 2019 New version 2.9.0
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- January 14, 2020 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- January 28, 2020 New version 2.9.1
- July 14, 2020 New version 2.15.0
- July 14, 2020 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- October 23, 2020 New version 2.17.0
- November 12, 2020 New version 2.18.0
- November 29, 2020 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- November 30, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 02, 2020 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 17, 2020 New version 2.19.0