Minecraft: Education Edition is now available on mobile devices. All users can also try a new and improved multiplayer experience and updates to in-game coding using Code Builder. Explore the incredible mountain and cave biomes of Caves and Cliffs: Part II and use candles to light your way!
THIS APP IS FOR SCHOOL AND ORGANIZATIONAL USE.
Minecraft: Education Edition is a game-based platform that inspires creative, inclusive learning through play. Explore blocky worlds that unlock new ways to tackle any subject or challenge.
Designed to engage all learners, Minecraft: Education Edition provides lessons and fun challenges across subjects, from math and literacy to digital citizenship and sustainability. Get started today!
DISCOVER WORLD-CLASS CONTENT
- 700 standards-aligned lessons in in-game Library
- 200 hours of K-12 Computer Science curriculum
- 50 creative build challenges
- 10 how-to-play tutorials
SPARK A PASSION FOR LEARNING
Develop critical skills like problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication in the interactive game environment. Explore ancient civilizations, cell biology, outer space, and bring the periodic table to life with in-game Chemistry. Spark a passion for STEM and Computer Science.
SUPPORT INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
Engage students in meaningful learning and social-emotional development. Accessibility features like chat-to-text and Immersive Reader support different player needs. Learning content is available on culturally relevant topics like climate change and active citizenship.
- Multiplayer mode enables collaboration in-game across platforms, devices, and hybrid environments
- Camera and Book & Quill items allow documentation and export
- Immersive Reader helps players read and translate text
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Flipgrid supports assessment and teacher controls
Minecraft: Education Edition licenses can be purchased separately by individuals with Office 365 Education, Office 365 Commercial, or Microsoft 365 Admin Center accounts. Talk to your teacher or IT administrator for information on academic licensing.
If you subscribe to Minecraft: Education Edition via iTunes:
Each Minecraft: Education Edition subscription lasts one year from date of purchase. The payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. If your subscription is set to auto-renew, your account will be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the subscription price option you previously selected.
Turn off auto-renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. If you cancel after your subscription has activated, your account will not be refunded for the remaining active period of the subscription.
- September 05, 2018 Initial release
- December 31, 2018 New version 1.7.2
- January 24, 2019 New version 1.7.3
- March 28, 2019 New version 1.9
- August 17, 2019 New version 1.12
- September 30, 2019 New version 1.12.1
- November 12, 2019 New version 1.12.5
- July 15, 2020 New version 1.12.60
- October 23, 2020 New version 1.14.31
- November 12, 2020 New version 1.14.50
- October 30, 2021 New version 1.14.70
- February 12, 2022 New version 1.17.32
- August 24, 2022 New version 1.18.32