This app contains great, true audio stories about the N3 highway between Johannesburg and Durban, South Africa (about 600km or 370 miles).
All researched, written and produced, with love, by Peter Delmar.
Here's how it works:
1. Keep the app on your mobile device turned on (if the device goes to sleep, the app also nods off)
2. Turn on Wifi and Locations
3. Stay connected to a 3G cellular network as you drive around (don't worry: this app won't use more than 10MB per hour)
4. After you press Continue at the bottom of this screen, select one of the chapters (sections of the N3) and scroll down until you see N3 App with ProVerb. You're good to go...
4. If possible, play the app through your car's speakers so that everyone can hear the stories
5. The audio starts playing automatically as you come to particular places along the N3
6. Please share the app with your friends
7. Never, ever play with your phone or the app while driving
This app needs to draw (as we said, small bits of audio data) from your cell network. It works best - actually extremely well - on Vodacom; Cell C is okay. (MTN works but its rural network really isn't up to the job a lot of the time.)
Other cool stuff
You can listen to the stories anywhere in the world but they're best listened to on the road, on the N3
Tap on a particular story's image and then swipe the image (most stories have more than one picture)
Filter the Categories to find what you're looking for (for instance in Where to stay, you can specify Hotels, Bed and breakfast etc)
Check out a particular listing for its website, facebook, twitter links
Use the Map function to see where you are (and where the stories and great places to visit are). You can also see if there's congestion up ahead.
Keep checking the N3 App for fresh new stories and other content
If you like this app, you may want to download The Magaliesberg Biosphere App or Platinum Road App. They're also free, and also full of lekker location-based audio stories.
- November 08, 2016 Initial release
- November 11, 2016 New version 5.0
- January 03, 2017 New version 5.0.3