- Fixed universal links support.
- Added tip for new users to set their profile photo.
#Near for iPhone is social discovery based on hashtags in your proximity. It shows who in your proximity has matching interests (hashtags) with you. Imagine being at a place (e.g., school, bar) and you could see who is interested in the same things as you are. Now you can do that with #Near.
#Near is based on hashtags. You express your interests with hashtags, like #Swifties or #Beliebers. Then wait for #Near to show you people with matching interests (hashtags) within a few steps away. Walk up to them with confidence and connect with them. They want to meet you, too!
#Near uses Bluetooth Low Energy on your iPhone to efficiently discover #Near users, even in the background when you're not using it. The range of your iPhone's Bluetooth radio is a few ten meters (about one hundred feet) so people you see in the app are literally a few steps away.
#Near uses your iCloud account to store your personal information. Network access to iCloud is needed for #Near to work.
- Set your name and photo.
- Add and remove hashtags with a single tap.
- Search for, create and share hashtags.
- See the trending hashtags used in #Near.
- Start and stop Bluetooth services.
- Get notifications of new interesting people near you.
- 3D Touch support with quick actions.
- watchOS 2 support with a launchable app, dynamic notifications, complications and glance interface.
#Near is free to download and use with Apple iAds. We encourage you to support #Near by interacting with ads that might be of interest to you or by removing them completely with an in-app purchase. Thank you!
- January 01, 2016 Initial release
- January 12, 2016 New version 1.0.1