Posted by Rob Rich on April 17th, 2014 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Junk Jack X has just been updated in time for Easter, but it’s not just pastel colors and bunny ears. The list of additions is actually rather obscene, but you can check it out below if you’re really interested in reading all of that.
The bigger changes include a chemistry lab for creating potions with almost 100 different effects, tamable dogs/cats/birds/rabbits, new mobs like deer and ducks, new trees, new flowers, and a craftable beer mug. Cheers!
You can grab Junk Jack X off the App Store now for $4.99.
- New craftable Chemistry Lab block
– You can now create potions by mixing reagents with the Chemistry Lab
– Roughly 100 different potion effects (with a supported maximum of 1024 effect for the future)
– Almost all potion effects can have different duration and effect strength for a total amount of ~6000 potions
– Potions combinations will be discovered and saved in your craftbook
– New craftable Cottage Bricks and the relative half block and sloped blocks
-Added a life leech effect (base 0.0) which heals the player when delivering damage to a mob
– Added both melee and ranged critical chance to player attacks (with a base of 5% chance)
– Added an option (enabled by default) which skips saving world when battery is <= 1% to avoid potential data corruption
- Added an option which enables an extended player stats panel that shows more information
- 4 new iaps
- 5 new tamable dog breeds
- 5 new tamable cat breeds
- 5 new tamable bird breeds
- 3 new tamable rabbit breeds
- All new pet breeds are spreaded around the planets, collect and breed them
- You can now summon a pocket animal by placing its item in the trinket slot: it will follow you around!
- 16 new rare pocket companions that will follow you in your adventure if put in the trinket slot
- New cat house block
- New kennel block
- New bird perch block
- New rabbit hutch block
- New terra mobs including: deer, ground hog, duck.
- New cork oak tree which grows acorns
- New white wood type and crafts, make new cool creations with it!
- Cork oak drops bark material
- New craftable cork chunk block
- Terra is now spring and Easter themed
- New apricot spring tree with its relative fruit
- New plum tree with its relative fruit
- New vimini basket that drops Easter goodies
- Easter block ribbons, place it on blocks
- New recraftable beehives can now be found in spring biomes, craft honey recipes with them
- New replantable tulip and daisy flower
- New craftable beer mug
- 20 new fresh cooking crafts
- 12 new rare paintings have been added
- Added a rare toy as a tribute to Flappy Bird
Posted by Andrew Stevens on November 21st, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Junk Jack X is getting a big update. So big that I don’t know where to begin! Ok, so I do know where to begin, it just took a while. The point is, the next time you play the game it could feel a bit different with all the little tweaks and additions.
Once the update (which Pixbits submitted to Apple very recently) is live you’ll be able to see the last tile where you died, helping you find whatever items you may have dropped. There will also be a new cooldown feature of 60 seconds that will prevent you from losing any items when dying immediately after entering a world. A save reminder feature is also coming so that you’ll never forget to save your game, and also a new customize feature that will let you rename and edit the gender, skin, and hair style of your character.
Pixbits announces new title, Junk Jack X, which is currently scheduled for release in Q3 or Q4 of 2013, depending on the development process. The adventure begins on the same planet as the original Junk Jack, except this time you will be able to find portal pieces that, when assembled, will let you travel to brand new worlds full of different blocks and materials for your crafts. Your character will be far more customizable than the previous title and also adds attributes such as speed, health, damage, and defenses. Junk Jack X is also said to have 2 player multiplayer through Game Center, with 4 player multiplayer available locally.
I play games on my iPhone a lot, as I’m sure many of you reading this do. The thing is, while many iOS games are great in their own right and function well for gaming in small bursts or extended sessions, there aren’t a whole heck of a lot that can be picked up, played, and stopped at the drop of a hat. Oh sure most can be suspended but I’m talking about games that actually allow you to quit entirely and come right back to where you left off no matter how long that may take. Games that auto-save constantly, can be saved at any time with a single button press, stuff like that. Here are our picks for four of the best.
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil
Most of Playdek’s card games fall into this category but I’ve chosen this one because it’s the most recent. And because I happen to really like it. Gamers vs. Evil tracks progress in each match, however many there might be at once spread out over single and multiplayer modes. This means you can play a single hand or even stop in the middle of one, quit for whatever reason, and then start it right back up again from wherever it left off. It’s as perfect for micro-gaming sessions as it is for lengthy ones.
+ Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Released: 2012-12-19 :: Category: Games
I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this 2D Minecraft-like since its release for many reasons, but it’s the save system that’s always impressed me the most. Pausing the game at any point will save progress automatically, so stopping at a moment’s notice is never a problem. Even more impressive is the way Jack’s inventory can be saved and transferred between worlds, so even if you get tired of your current game you can always start a new one and keep all your cool stuff.
+ Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Released: 2011-11-07 :: Category: Games
Game Dev Story
Kairosoft’s first iOS release continues to be their greatest as far as I’m concerned, but really all of their games are perfect for quick starts and stops of game time. That big Save button sitting on the main screen for every single one of their titles that saves progress instantly makes it incredibly easy to stop what you’re doing and get back to actual work. Not that I’m condoning that sort of behavior, of course.
iPhone App - Designed for the iPhone, compatible with the iPad
Released: 2010-10-09 :: Category: Games
Much like Kairosoft, GAMEVIL also has the handy Save button down pat. Their action RPG series is plenty of fun and this most recent release is absolutely packed with features, and yet they’ve (thankfully) kept the one that makes it the easiest to play whenever and wherever. It’s comforting to know I can tap once to save and then bolt off of my train without having to worry about losing all that progress.
As Rob greedily but understandably stated, it could have done with “more stuff to mess around” with. Fortunately, developers Pixbits has acknowledged this with a new and huge update that has just been released.
The update is big enough that we haven’t got the room to discuss every single improvement. However, key points to take in are that it’s now an Universal build, has new rare weapon drops and new mobs in the form of Stone Golems, Mummy Pharaohs, Carnivore Plants, Blue Scarabs, Frogs, Headless Zombies and Zombie Head.
That’s not all, though, with the addition of new color dyes, new recipes and a cooking pot and cooking ware craftable addon, also included. Farming fans can enjoy the option of plantable fruit, vegetables and trees, also.
It’s a huge update for Junk Jack and that’s not including the huge number of enhancements and fixes that come included. Without further ado, get downloading Junk Jack and watch your productivity and free time vanish!