Craig Wien, Community Manager for EA Mobile, has provided the first screenshots and some additional information for their next iPhone and iPod Touch title, The Sims 3, on their forum.
The #1 PC game franchise of all time comes to today's hottest gaming platform! The Sims 3 brings exciting new gameplay and endless possibilities all on your iPhone! Enjoy unexpected moments of surprise and mischief, as you choose whether (or not!) to fulfill your Sims' destinies and make their wishes come true. Create and customize your Sims appearance and personality, then take your Sims out of the house and into the neighborhood with all new open world gameplay. Make their world your own!
* Over 10 hours of gameplay filled with hysterical antics and unexpected moments of surprise
* New beautiful 3D visuals
* Support for iPhone specific controls (touch and accelerometer)
* Explore an ever-changing neighborhood with new open world gameplay
* Enjoy smarter Sims with deeper personalities, wishes and goals
* Create your own Sim, complete with different hair styles, clothes, personalities and more
* Keep your Sims busy with 4 fun mini-games including fishing, gardening, cooking, and house repairs
* Develop complex relationships with other Sims as you fall in love, make friends or rebel against the neighborhood
EA has done a great job bringing some amazing titles over to the iPhone and iPod Touch so far, so there's definitely high hopes for this game to be a success. The screenshots definitely paint the picture that the features list above explains, giving us no reason to believe that they won't be pulling off an iPhone title comparable to SimCity in the sense that they captured all the major components of the original game.
As we find out more information about the title, we'll definitely keep you posted!