1. Minor bug fixes
2. Added analytics, with the ability to opt out in System Settings
Tap into the most current information about the most useful, widely available supplements that can help with muscle strength, endurance, mental function, hydration health, athletic recovery, or overall heath. The Sports Supplements app provides detailed descriptions of 9 vitamins and minerals, 10 proteins and amino acids, 9 carbohydrates and fatty acids, and 21 different herbs and botanicals.
For each supplement you’ll find a description of what it is, how it works, the performance benefit(s), recommended dose, and any potential health concerns. The handy Quick Find function lets you choose from, or combine, 11 performance variables such as Fuel Usage and Strength & Power to generate a list of useful supplements.
Professional supplement recommendations for over 15 specific sports and activities, including endurance sports, basketball, bodybuilding, mixed martial arts & wrestling, and track & field, make Sports Supplements the app that trainers and athletes will use over and over again to enhance athletic performance.
This app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
The information provided about supplements complies with NCAA and WDA regulations, although some supplement descriptions include cautionary notes. Athletes choosing to pair their performance diet with dietary supplements are encouraged not only to choose supplements that are independently tested, but also to speak to a doctor, pharmacist, or registered dietitian about the use of supplements prior to implementation to establish potential benefits as well as safety risks.
- June 11, 2013 Initial release
- July 04, 2013 New version 1.1
- January 01, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 01, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 01, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 03, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 02, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 06, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99