Fixed compatibility issues on devices running iOS 5.
Zombies, Run! 5k Training is an 8-week training program and audio adventure for beginners that’ll improve your fitness so you can run a 5km distance.
We give you clear and detailed instructions about when to walk, jog, run and stretch, building up your confidence and stamina over 25 workouts - combined with a gripping story delivered straight to your headphones.
(If you already have some running experience, check out our “Zombies, Run!” app with extra features including 40 more missions, ‘zombie chase’ interval training, a base-building game, time and distance audio notifications, and more!)
Zombies, Run! 5k Training comes from the creators of Zombies, Run! (Six to Start & Naomi Alderman), the world’s most successful smartphone exercise game with 800,000+ players worldwide.
Featured by the New York Times, BBC, Time, Wired, and Runner's World!
WHAT PLAYERS SAY ABOUT ZOMBIES, RUN!
“This app is amazing. It gets me wanting to go for a run, it’s not exercise anymore, it’s pure entertainment.”
“Keeps me entertained and actually makes me want to stay out running longer. Love it!”
“This app is a work of genius - I finally have a reason to run!!
A PROFESSIONALLY DESIGNED 5K TRAINING PROGRAM
Devised by Julia Jones and Shauna Reid of Up and Running e-courses, this 8-week, 25 workout training program combines awesome storytelling with expert training know-how. Using this app isn’t just good for you - it’s also amazingly exciting!
GET FIT AND BECOME A HERO
You’re Runner 5, a vital member of one of the last outposts of humanity at Abel Township. During 25 workouts, you’ll be trained to help find supplies and protect the town from the ever-encroaching horde of the shambling dead, in a story written by award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. You’ll learn about the characters, and you’ll have a vital mission of your own to train for and complete. Once your training is complete, you’ll be in the perfect place to continue the story as the hero in “Zombies, Run!”
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS
Everything about Zombies, Run! 5k Training is designed for beginner runners: clear and detailed workout instructions, a gentle learning curve, and importantly, we don’t make any zombies chase you until you’re ready!
YOUR OWN MIX
Choose your own custom music playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in during your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
VIEW YOUR RUNS ONLINE WITH ZOMBIELINK
We integrate fully with our free online ZombieLink service, so you can check your running stats and view and share your maps online, all in a beautiful and easy-to-use interface! Plus you can sync your runs with Runkeeper and export them as GPX files.
ALREADY PLAYED ZOMBIES, RUN!?
Zombies, Run! 5k Training takes place between Mission 1 and Mission 2 of Season 1, so it’s a fantastic way to experience 24 all-new missions about how Runner 5 first trained up with Sam, Doctor Myers, and the rest of Abel Township to become a valued Runner. (But if you’re looking to find out what happens after Zombies, Run!’s epic cliffhanger, you’ll need to wait for Season 2...)
- Requires iOS 5 or above. Works on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch 3rd gen and 4th gen.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Accelerometer mode can dramatically decrease battery life.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/zombiesrungame
Sign up to our mailing list at http://www.zombiesrungame.com
- October 12, 2012 Initial release
- October 31, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- November 10, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- December 28, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- February 05, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- February 06, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 07, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- March 08, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- June 03, 2013 New version 1.1
- June 13, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- August 29, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 05, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 07, 2013 New version 1.2
- November 20, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- January 07, 2014 New version 1.2.2
- February 09, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 11, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 03, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 12, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- March 20, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 02, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 03, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99