What's New• More customizabile keyboard shortcuts
• New rotate layer(s) tool
• New shortcut: change brush size by dragging mouse
• Many more overlay notifications
• Improved brushing cursors
• Fixed issue with merging a layer down when the layer beneath isn't opaque
• Fixed issues with selections that go past the edge of the image
• Improved performance for some tools
• Bug fixes
App DescriptionInkist Lite is the best free way to sketch and draw on your Mac. It is full of powerful tools packaged in an interface designed to launch quickly, get out of your way, and let you work.
Inkist Lite gives you a free and useful way to try out Inkist by creating images with up to 3 layers.
At this time Inkist is purely a bitmap drawing/painting app (no vector tools).
• Layers, with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Color Palette with adjustable brightness and temperature controls
• Customizable Brush Parameters:
◦ Size (Under light tablet pressure)
◦ Pattern (from image or layer)
◦ Opacity (Under light tablet pressure)
◦ Size Jitter
◦ Lighten/Darken/Normal Blending
• Blending tool
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue Saturation Lightness controls
• Flexible interface allows you to pop out the controls you want into floating windows
• Export to Jpeg, PNG, and Tiff (proprietary ISImage file format is Native)
I wrote Inkist for one simple reason. I love my drawing tablet, but I've found that despite the fantastic power available in existing apps, they are cluttered and annoying to use. Inkist is the result of my work to fix that.
May 15, 2013 New version 1.3
January 17, 2013 New version 1.2.1
October 16, 2012 New version 1.2
August 24, 2012 New version 1.1
August 08, 2012 Initial Release