What's NewVersion 1.3 is our biggest update yet! Lots of exciting new features coming mostly from you, our customers.
You said you wanted you wanted to be able to sort fishing venues by nearest first, we did this and gave you the distance from your current location
You said you wanted more fish, we've added over 110 new fish species
You said you wanted to be able to log the catches from the places screen, we did this
You said you wanted to see the weather forecast for each venue, we did this
You said you wanted to share you catches on Facebook, we did this.
You said that the location wasn't accurate enough on the caught log screen, we have amended this.
You said there weren't enough venues, we've added over 90 new venues
We also setup a new community section for the app which enables you to connect to other anglers, allowing you to 'share and view' photos, catches and notes.
Joining the community is free, you just need to register, this registration gives you the ability to:
🐦 Upload an unlimited number of photos to the community
🐦 Upload an unlimited number of catches to the community
🐦 View the communities photos and catches, either via a map, via a recently added list or via a nearby list
🐦 And much more
We have put a lot of work into the Fish of Britain app and we are pleased that it is the cheapest fishing app around with comparable functionality, hope you like the effort we have put in and if you have any comments good or bad email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
App DescriptionThe Fish of Britain app is one which any fisherman, woman or nature lover would find useful. It is the most complete fishing app on the appstore, containing detailed information on fish that are found in Britain, a fishing log where catches and photos can be logged and also a fishing venue section containing fishing venues within Britain.
The app has the following features:
- Detailed information and photos on fish found in Britain
- Ability to set a fish as being caught and then store information about the catch, such as location, weight and accompanying photos, like a mini journal
- Catches can be viewed on an interactive map
- Map of fishing venues within the UK and detailed info on each listed venue
- Over 400 fishing venues listed and more added with each update
- Ability to go to the venues website, get directions to the venue and also call the venue, all from within the app
- Favourites section, where favourite fish can be stored
- Search screen
- Community section where you can connect with other anglers, uploading and viewing recent catches and photos
- Weather section giving detailed weather for each venue listed
April 02, 2013 New version 1.3
February 22, 2012 New version 1.2
January 27, 2012 New version 1.1
January 18, 2012 Initial Release