What's New- 3D models of 10 main satellites flying over the Earth
- 3 new educational movies
- Detailed Earth texture
- Info for Satellites
- Voice-over for educational movies
- Localized subtitles for movies in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Uranus rings
- The clouds texture for Venus
- New texture for Mercury
- Minor interface tweaks
Did you like the update and expect more from us? Leave good reviews on the AppStore and let us know what features you miss in the Solar Walk app. We’ll do our best to meet your expectations.
App Description*** Special price offer for the limited time only! 70% off! ***
***From the the Apple Design Awards 2010 winning developer Vito Technology Inc. - Solar Walk for iPhone/iPad, featured in Best Apps of 2010, Back to School 2010***
WHAT IT DOES:
This 3D Solar System model enables you to navigate through space and time, observe all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structure, history of their exploration, points of interest and more. Use 3D mode to get a more realistic experience! And zoom out to view and spin the entire Galaxy!
- How can I exit the app?
- To exit the app you can use the default combination cmd+Q or call the menu at the bottom right.
- What are the technical requirements for the app?
- Due to technical requirements the current version is not fully supported with the Intel GMA graphic processors. Please check the full list of compatible processors http://vitotechnology.com/manual_/pdf/solarwalk_manual_en.pdf
WHAT PEOPLE SAY about iPhone/iPad version:
I really enjoy this app. It is as informative as it is beautiful. If you enjoy learning about our home, I strongly recommend this app.
Simply amazing! With the new update you can see the satellites and zoom out to the milky-way. Bravo! The score is also amazing…
by Mr. JLO
I have always considered this one of my top five favorite iPad apps. It's the one I always show people. This new update makes this thing ten times more amazing…
The new update really shows where the developer is trying to take this app. I love the new planet size movie and being able to see what's revolving around our Earth.
by Anthony Jr.
WHAT EXPERTS SAY:
Solar Walk for Mac is a full-featured 3D solar system model that allows you to move between stars and planets with your mouse, zoom into check on the planets’ details and read accurate descriptions about them. You can zoom out to view the entire galaxy (well, at least through what’s known of this galaxy), see a planet’s inner structure and learn about its history of exploration. - Federico Viticci, MacStories
Solar Walk allows users to explore the Solar System, as well as the entire Milky Way Galaxy. Notable features include real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites, your current position marker, the biggest cities on the globe, and the points of interests on Mars, Venus, and the Moon. -Filip Truta, SoftPedia
• GALAXY view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option.
• SATELLITES - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites
• LOCATIONS - arrow will show your current position on the globe, plus names of the biggest cities of the Earth, as well as sights of the Moon, Mars and Venus.
• MOVIE - the 1st of Solar Walk animated educational videos "Solar System Planets' Size Comparison"
• 3D SOLAR SYSTEM model
• FLY to a PLANET: having chosen a planet from a far, tap an image of a "rocket" to fly straight to the planet.
• INFO about all planets: general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions.
• TIME MACHINE: Slide your finger on the time scale and the sky will start moving accordingly. Tap year, month and time and change them depending on what you want to see, the display will adapt accordingly to show you how planets were aligned at that time.
Mind that to use the 3D mode you will need a pair of cyan-red 3D glasses. And, yes, we know that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, but by popular vote it has been added to the Solar System Model.
April 23, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
April 06, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
February 07, 2013 New version 2.0.1
June 11, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
January 10, 2011 Initial Release